Author Thread: I know it's silly.
Admin

I know it's silly.
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 12:32 AM

I know it's pretty silly, but...

Whenever I get a bit upset, or discouraged I like to think of everything the lord has done in my life, all the blessings. Whether they were doors he opened, or doors he closed, to protect me, or to strengthen my relationship with him, I just thank him. I thank the father for continuing to draw me to Jesus.

I like to think about all the things God's created, there's just so much beauty in his creation, and he made everything so perfect, so accommodating, and well thought out, in every detail towards his creation, whether it's the air that I breathe or the sand beneath me so I don't lose my footing.

I am pretty much thankful to be alive and to have family that loves me, and so on.

Maybe that might help! If any of you would like to think of some things the Lord has done for you, or something that crossed your mind and you went "Wow! God did that for me." Maybe you could share that with me.

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 08:11 PM

I tried to find something silly here but couldn't!!

Sounds responsible and mature to recount the Lord's blessings periodically, thanks for the reminder!

Blessings, David

mya1

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 22 Jul, 2010 12:06 AM

I couldn't agree more with David

Kmftzr88

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 25 Aug, 2010 06:38 PM

I have had the moments where I look around and am able to say "yes Lord, you have given me so much, you have given me this wonderful family, a beautiful world, friends, and so many other blessings." Yet all the while my heart was hurting and I was struggling, I don't know for sure but I thought maybe that was where you were. I'd like to say that through every spiritual desert you go through you grow stonger. For me I thought I was close to God but God brought me to my knees, the whole time I had all those blessings but still God brought me to my knees and broke me down until I was nothing but a pile of broken shards, but when he put me back together something beautiful was made because, now I have the finger prints of God touching every part of me and I fit better into his plan. I pray that you find comfort in this. God bless you!

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 01:18 PM

not silly at all my dear! sometimes when i see something pretty like a sunset, a baby, or the moon, i stop and thank God! i've also even thanked God for soft new pajamas! i'm not being dis respectful at all, i'm saying thank HIM in both the little and big things! Debby:angel:

powdermoose

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2010 03:36 PM

Your post reminded me of how the disciples sang praises while imprisoned and in pain from being beaten. Remembering our spiritual markers and thanking God for each blessing is a great way to get our focus on Him and off our troubles and to come to Him humbly so He can draw us nearer. Thank you for sharing!

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 06:54 AM

He died on the cross for me!

View Profile
History
I know it's silly.
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 07:12 AM

I can see that no one has mentioned it yet... I'm not judging anyone, though. I'd just like to remind that this is a matter of life and death, heaven and hell so we have to be very careful in examining ourselves and make it sure that after we preach to others, we, ourselves are not disqualified...