Author Thread: Baptist follow the call
hwkns_dn

View Profile
History
Baptist follow the call
Posted : 17 Aug, 2010 11:47 AM

The call on us given by Jesus Christ is to tell of the salvation only He gives, now I�m not saying that no one else preaches Christ what I am saying is I�m Baptist and I�m saying what we do. For example Church of Christ does the same thing as us and others including Pentecost, Assembly of God, Missionary Baptist, Free will Baptist, and many more with a few differences.

MATTHEW 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

MARK 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Christian�s love for people gives them a �want to� tell others about the salvation only our savior Jesus Christ offers.

LUKE 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

JOHN 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

ROMANS 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The lord wants us to go to church it is not necessarily a commandment but it is what the Lord told us.

HEBREWS 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Being a Christian simply means �Christ like� and you will be like Christ after you have asked for salvation. Along with saving your soul He gives strength and contentment in life. After you�re saved I encourage you to study the Holy Bible and also Sunday School is a very good way to learn the bible.

View Profile
History
Baptist follow the call
Posted : 24 Aug, 2010 08:58 AM

While I agree that we're not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together and that corporate worship is important (it's for the equipping and training of the saints), "church" can become as big an idol.

How can you go to what you are?

How does sitting on a pew one time a week (or many times a week) make you holier than those who do not go to church?

Is the gospel more easily spread from a pulpit that fewer and fewer people see each year or from those who bear Christ's name getting off the pew and out into the community to spread the gospel?