Author Thread: For men,"What a woman wants from her husband in the fifth, sixth, and seventh decades of her life?
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
For men,"What a woman wants from her husband in the fifth, sixth, and seventh decades of her life?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 01:43 AM

Long term relationship? What does she really want most from her husband in the fifth, sixth, and seventh decades of her life?

1. She deffinately wants and needs the same assurance of love and respect that she desired when she was younger.

Most on here are looking for a long term relationship.

So here is the beauty of committed love � that which is avowed to be a lifelong devotion. Committed love is expensive but it yields the highest returns on the investment at maturity of age.

By contrast, the advocate of "sexual freedom" and non-involvement will bring you to the latter years of life with nothing to remember but a series of exploitations and broken relationships. That short-range philosophy, which gets so much publicity today, has a predictable end down the road.

SJC1985

View Profile
History
For men,"What a woman wants from her husband in the fifth, sixth, and seventh decades of her life?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2008 07:44 PM

I totally agree with you on your answer. You worded it so well, that I don't think that I could make it any better. One thought that came to my mind was, "What if one becomes very ill?" The spouse who is ill would certainly want the "better half" to spend more time with him/her. My first husband, who was bed-fast for 18 months from a rare form of Multiple Sclerosis, wanted me to spend all my time with him. Even though he knew that I needed to teach in order to keep health insurance for him, he begged me to stay with him. SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR SPOUSE IS SO PRECIOUS, AND I BELIEVE THAT AS WE GET OLDER WE WILL STILL WANT TO BE WITH EACH OTHER, AS LONG AS WE KEEP GOD IN THE CENTER OF THE MARRIAGE. :glow::glow: