Author Thread: I'm Just Fine...(are they?)
Admin

I'm Just Fine...(are they?)
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 03:31 PM

I was just wondering...if you guys believe that God's love is all we need and that we don't really need another person to love? I already hold to my own belief on this I just wanted a guy's viewpoint on this controversial subject. Thanks!

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 04:30 PM

Some people could live without people some could not

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 07:22 PM

1 Corinthians 7 (Contemporary English Version)

25 I don't know of anything that the Lord said about people who have never been married. But I will tell you what I think. And you can trust me, because the Lord has treated me with kindness.

26 We are now going through hard times, and I think it is best for you to stay as you are.

27 If you are married, stay married. If you are not married, don't try to get married.

28 It isn't wrong to marry, even if you have never been married before. But those who marry will have a lot of trouble, and I want to protect you from that.

29 My friends, what I mean is that the Lord will soon come, and it won't matter if you are married or not.

30 It will be all the same if you are crying or , or if you are buying or are completely broke.

31 It won't make any difference how much good you are getting from this world or how much you like it. This world as we know it is now passing away.

32 I want all of you to be free from worry. An unmarried man worries about how to please the Lord.

33 But a married man has more worries. He must worry about the things of this world, because he wants to please his wife.

34 So he is pulled in two directions. Unmarried women and women who have never been married worry only about pleasing the Lord, and they keep their bodies and minds pure. But a married woman worries about the things of this world, because she wants to please her husband.

35 What I am saying is for your own good--it isn't to limit your freedom. I want to help you to live right and to love the Lord above all else.

36 But suppose you are engaged to someone old enough to be married, and you want her so much that all you can think about is getting married. Then go ahead and marry. There is nothing wrong with that.

37 But it is better to have self-control and to make up your mind not to marry.

38 It is perfectly all right to marry, but it is better not to get married at all.

39 A wife should stay married to her husband until he dies. Then she is free to marry again, but only to a man who is a follower of the Lord.

40 However, I think I am obeying God's Spirit when I say she would be happier to stay single.

All the gospels pretty much say the same thing. It is best to be single on earth because it allows you to serve the Lord solely. But God did create woman for man because "it is not good for man to be alone".

The Lord understands that we born of earth, are in need of close fellowship and have the desire for human touch. Though it doesn't work for some, being married is suppose to keep us from further sinning. That is why it is important to marry someone who is devoted to the word as much as you are. It is a sin to have lust in your heart.

The physical comfort of a companion here on earth allows us to enjoy the spiritual comfort given by God. A man devoted to God will be a woman's sword and shield, a woman devoted to the Lord will be a man's helpmate and conscience.

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:30 PM

I believe that divorce is a sin, even though I have been divorced twice. After much prayer and reading Scripture, I have concluded that since I did my part in keeping the marriage vows, God understands that I did all that I could possibly do. IT TAKES BOTH HUSBAND AND WIFE WORKING HARD TO FOLLOW GOD'S WILL IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP IN ORDER TO STAY TOGETHER.

As for me, I am at the point in my life where I realize that I need a companion and help-mate. I am praying that God will place someone in my path who can and will love me the way that I need to be loved.

SJC1985 :glow:

Sheherazade

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 04:43 PM

someone to love me the way I need to be loved...

I find myself saying the same thing from time to time. but when my dad talks about my mom, it's not what she can do for him, rather, what can he do for her. I like my dad's servanthood to her and I hope that I can find a man n Christ to serve as he serves me...

thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 05:28 AM

hey i'm a woman or rather a lady and not a guy or a man but i think i can say something. i think that a person should place GOD in everything even interms of love as well...for instance, i'd really love to know GOD through and through, i want him to be the focal point of life and for him to complete me. not for someone to be my everything. that someone would just be an addition to my life and happiness but not the focal and the source of any of those things. because it says in GODS word that dont trust in men, rather trust in him for everything :). thats what i try to use in my life. i hope i can inspire others

PEACE hehe