Author Thread: Fruit of the Spirit
patience27

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 10:47 PM

I have been doing some studying on the Fruits of the Spirit which are easy to read about and difficult to put into practice. There is a wonderful book by Joyce Meyer entitled "Secrets to Exceptional Living" in which she teaches about the Fruit of the Spirit and the role it plays in our daily lives. Joyce explains how the other 8 fruits all spring from love and that love and self-control serve as bookends keeping the rest in check. I thought that was a beautiful way of explaining the importance of developing the fruit throughout our relationship with Him. What are your thoughts and insights concerning the Fruit of the Spirit?

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 1 Aug, 2008 04:53 PM

I think the only way you can develop the fruit of the Spirit (internal characteristics..the character of Jesus) is by having a close relationship with Him. Jesus said in John 15: 4-5: Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. God bless!!

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 7 Aug, 2008 10:33 AM

PATIENCES,

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD STUDY...BUT HOW MANY "CHRISTIAN" ACTUALLY PRACTICE...DO U KNOW PATIENCES THAT NON-BELIEVERS ARE MORE CAPABLE OF PRACTICE AND LEARNING "THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT" THE A BELIEVER CAN....IT A SAD FACT BUT IT SO TRUE PATIENCES!!!! THE OTHER THING I WAS DISCUSSING AT WORK WITH ANOTHER FEMALE CO-WORKER OF MINE IS THAT MEN THAT ARE CHRISTIANS ARE NO DIFFERENCES THEN THE MEN IN THE WORLD WITH THEIR ACTIONS AND GO TO A PENTOCOSTAL CHURCH AND THEY ACT LIKE A LITTLE BITTY BABY IN CHRIST STILL DRINKING THE MILK AND NEVER GROWING AND MATURING...THEY ARE QUICK TO A HOT TEMPER IT SUCH A CONTRICTION IN THE CHURCH!!!!! WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR US TO REALLY GET "THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT"....ARE WE THAT LAZY AS PEOPLE TO REALLY GET IT PATIENCES???? ANYWAY PATIENCES U SEEM LIKE A WOMEN OF VIRTUE SO KEEP IT UP AND KEEP ALLOWING THE PRECIOUS ANOINTING FLOW INSIDE AND OUT OF U OF "THE FRUITS OF THE PRECIOUS HOLYSPIRIT"!!!!

~GOD BLESS UR FAMILY RICHELY PATIENCES~

~LYNDA~

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 7 Aug, 2008 10:37 AM

PATIENCES,

I WILL WRITE DOWN THE TITLE OF "JOYCE MEYER" BOOK THANKS...U SHOULD GET HER NEW AMPLIFIED BIBLE TOO IT SO AMAZING AND IT BREAKS DOWN GOD WORD AND REALLY GIVES U THE INSIGHT U NEED ESPECIALLY HER COMMENTARY NOTES....U SHOULD ALSO GET A C.D SERIES CALLED" LOVING GOD,LOVE OTHERS,AND LOVING URSELVES IF U EVER WANT TO DISCUSS IT LET ME KNOW!!!!

IT ALWAYS A GREAT,COOL IDEA TO GET INSIGHT FROM OTHER BELIEVERS!!!! U MIGHT GET SOMETHING I DIDN'T SSEE AND I MIGHT GET SOMETHING THAT U DIDN'T SEE!!!!

~BLESSINGS~

~LYNDA~

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 8 Aug, 2008 04:23 PM

I have actually been wondering about the fruits of the Spirit lately. Even though I haven't done a major study on this, in my own life I've noticed I do extremely well when I meditate on verses that speak of my new life in Christ, and how I'm DEAD to sin, and alive in Christ. Verse 16 says, "Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." How can you walk in the Spirit? Knowing God's Spirit lives in you, and you are under His control. "Sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under the law, you are under grace." So, basically, knowing who you are in Christ and and resting in Him-abiding-we will bear fruit.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 10:08 PM

You know, We wouldn't be victorious over the sinful nature. As long as we live in the sinful body. Of course we have the holy spirit, but truly, it can't really happen unless you have a new body.

To become like Jesus and live according to his ways is still a goal we must strive.

Tina_latina

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 15 Oct, 2008 11:20 AM

thank you for writng that. it was something i needed to know. i wake up with a hunger to get to know him more and more. i know with out my lord my life has no purpose.....:applause:

View Profile
History
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 15 Oct, 2008 11:34 AM

You can't "practice" fruit, it's a natural thing. A good tree produces good fruit Matt. 7:17. Otherwise you fall into Eastern religions and philosophy, which doesn't necessarily get you closer to God. Let Him produce the fruit in you, that's why it's called just that ;) God bless.

http://www.jesusdevotionals.org