Author Thread: Insane worship
Admin

Insane worship
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 01:53 PM

Hey awsome sond and daughters of the most high God.If you have heard Phil Whickham or Jeremy Riddle do yourself a favour and take a listen.These guys litrally write songs from heaven.The words are beautiful and they have great voices to top it off.Take a listen and let me know what you think.

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Insane worship
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 02:47 PM

Ok, I listened to a track by Jeremy Riddle. If you want my opinion, here it is. The music is bland, boring, mellow, middle-of-the-road adult contemporary coupled with unoriginal, standard p&w lyrics. It did nothing for me at all.

View Profile
History
Insane worship
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 02:24 PM

I will tell you what would be insane worship. Take Lady Gaga, and rewrite her lyrics about Jesus (want to see your face) instead of Poker Face, and convert Bad Romance, to sing about how we WANT ALL OF JESUS, including His cross. This truth of finding fulfillment in Jesus is the only answer that will fill the emptiness of Lady Gaga who admits she is LONELY.

Then there is Maroon Five, "I am in Misery," a song very ripe for conversion to Christ. The lyrics say that the singer is in misery with out a se#ual relationship with the girl of his desires. Are we not in misery apart from Chirst?

I also have already re-written Jason DeRulo, "In My Head" which is down on about the third page of these forum posts under Guerrilla Gospel. It is also on my face-book page. Now if only we could find someone to make a You-Tube of it, with a remix of his music, and then get a youth band to pull it off on a Friday night worship.

That would be kickin, wild and crazy, Insane, if you please.

View Profile
History
Insane worship
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 02:28 PM

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=5576&forum_sub_cat_id=17&start=0

This is a link to a post HERE on CDFF. I hope it can stay.

View Profile
History
Insane worship
Posted : 23 Oct, 2010 04:37 PM

Phil Wickham is a true artist. I've had the pleasure of seeing him live and meeting him.

His first two albums were a bit soft for my take but the latest album of his is truly amazing. Lyrics, music, time sigs, everything is great on that album.