Author Thread
SilverFire

View Profile
Topic Closed?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 04:12 PM

Why do you suppose the thread was closed? I think it might have something to do with the content -- name-calling, accusations of demon possession, and spreading rumors. That's one of the threads that was closed down; I'm not familiar with all of them.

If that is the reason why the thread was closed, then that is great news. CDFF is FINALLY getting around to clamping down on the personal attacks around here. They really should go all the way and ban people who keep trashing others, but this is a start.

Maybe we can all breathe a little easier.

SilverFire

View Profile
A Little Friendly Advise Please
Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 07:20 AM

Saved said:

silver/pixy my you both sure give yourselves much too much credit.

I said:

I don't give myself any credit, actually. You'll never see a post where I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back.

I'm not impressed with lumping my response together with Pixy's, though; hers was much more detailed, logical, and thorough. I just threw up a few sentences. So my response here will address only what I wrote.

Saved said:

I've seen you both rip others to shreds in the public forums several times. This is not even a drop in a bucket compared to what you two have done.

I said:

Broadening the scope of conflict won't work with me. If I did something in error back then, you never contacted me about it. Taking issue with other people's behavior in the forum is DIFFERENT than POSTING A PRIVATE EMAIL IN PUBLIC. But, most importantly, we're not discussing my behavior here. We're discussing yours.

Saved said:

I notice neither one of you responded when I offered a sincere thank you and compliment to you especially to you pixy. But when things are finally put to a hult by sharing Truth that's when you both chime in and act as though you are perfect beings and with out faults and with out sin.

I said:

I agreed with your post, and so I had nothing to add.

I've never claimed to have no faults and I've never claimed to be free from sin. If you've read my posts, you'll know that I freely confess my problems and my sin.

However, attacking the messenger is an easy way out, isn't it? It frees you from having to address the issues that other people bring to your attention. But attacking the messenger is not responding in love.

Saved said:

You have no idea what I said or didn't say on POF and you obviously have no clue what skeeter said nor didn't say on POF.

I said:

Actually, Saved, your POF profile is still up. So while I don't have the emails, I am beginning to doubt your truthfulness, given how different reality is from what you say about me.

Saved said:

In my opinion I strongly suggest you both seek some serious help. I've never met ppl such as you so filled with anger, rage, disdain, and unrational behavior.

I said:

You think I'm filled with anger? Based on what? You think I'm filled with rage? Based on what? You think I'm irrational? That's news to the people I know, but it's especially news to me. All these are adjectives, and you're lashing out instead of responding in love.

Saved said:

I sincerely pray God stops you both in your tracks. Frozen so He has you both as His captive audience. He then speaks in a earth shaking voice, Bold, Firm, and Stern with His truth and finally gives you both a wake up call you've so desperately needed for a LONG time!

I said:

It's only when I correct you that you seem to care about my soul. If I really needed a wake-up call, where were you when I first started to stray?

Saved said:

You may have some ppl fooled by showing one of your many faces, but you DON'T have everyone fooled.

I said:

This post is now officially surreal.

Saved said:

You both are pointing your finger at edw and I for speaking truth and

Trampling over us with your twisted half truths trying to come off as pure as the driven snow. Just remember while you point at us there are three fingers pointing right back at yourselves.

I said:

No, Saved. I am telling you that your behavior (and EDW's) was in error. That is entirely different from saying that "you have no value" or attacking you personally, like saying "you are fat" or something.

Please learn to respond in love.

SilverFire

View Profile
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 06:08 PM

Well, when all else fails, let's post private emails on a public board. Somehow, I don't think that's considering our brothers and sisters more than ourselves. Why couldn't Edw have messaged the guy and taken care of it privately? If you felt wronged, why didn't you turn the other cheek? I guess it's more important to hit back than to love one another.

*sigh*

Things like this are why the world looks at us as Christians and says, "No thanks."

SilverFire

View Profile
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 03:10 AM

Well...any way you look at it, that one's not available. That may be a real blessing if she's being intentionally duplicitous. Keep looking and pray that God will make all things clear.

SilverFire

View Profile
Use of the word hero
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 04:29 AM

A hero is someone who makes the right decision in times of peril; to single out someone as commendable in a certain manner does no insult to our Lord. Do you think this leads to idolatry?

SilverFire

View Profile
A Christian Mental Block?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 04:16 AM

It seems to me that you're making the case (a bit backhandedly) that girls should date people they're not interested in. I don't think you can get around that one -- they'll always do that, and that's defensible, Scripturally, because their emotions are a good first cut as to who will make a good husband. I think it's more of a point to find out ways to appeal to people rather than knock 'em for not accepting you. Sure, it totally sucks being passed over repeatedly, but that should be feedback in itself.

SilverFire

View Profile
You knock on her door...
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 04:03 AM

I'd say "So you haven't done laundry, again?" :laugh:

SilverFire

View Profile
Not to be nosey or rude....
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 04:12 AM

Marika and Pixy have it. Purity requires an active defense; keeping yourself pure is NOT the same thing as "never had sex"; in fact, losing your virginity (like it's something you can find again?) is just a natural consequence of living an impure life.

Me, I am a virgin in the physical sense, and it's a daily battle to keep myself pure, but it's one I undertake willingly and gladly, because the prize of holiness is worth having.

SilverFire

View Profile
Fitness Challenge
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 04:05 AM

Sure, count me in. I'm down with whatever.

SilverFire

View Profile
Purity maintenance
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 03:57 AM

It's not easy, that's for sure. You have be especially discerning and be willing to go the extra mile to protect yourself. There was a while that I had set up another computer just to filter ads and block myself from going to particular sites; nowadays, filtering has improved so that I don't need a separate machine, but even the ads on Facebook can tempt you. You do have to really get down into yourself to see why you do things and fight lust at a very specific level with specific prayers.

For me, lust always brings energy. If I'm tired, I have to be on guard. Certain foods make self-control more difficult, so you've got to watch what you eat. You can't let your mind wander and if it does, you have issue a course correction. Flood your mind with Scripture; busy your mind with creative tasks; DO something besides paying attention to the stray thought and its power will fade. Sometimes, all you can do is collapse at the feet of Christ and pray that He carry you, because you have no strength to resist.

It's serious business. You've got to be willing to cut off your left arm if it causes you to sin (metaphorically).

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10