Author Thread: Godly Marriage Starting Point
Christiancowboy1

View Profile
History
Godly Marriage Starting Point
Posted : 3 Oct, 2010 07:30 AM

This post and my heart go out to all of you here who have hopes of a Godly marriage someday. I too have always had those hopes and dreams, but I made many mistakes because I took actions before having knowledge. I tried to have Godly relationship and marriage without knowing how to.

What I am saying is you can not expect a Godly relationship and marriage if you follow worldly ways. It�s like your own careers. You do not and are just not jumping into the job. You first had to go to school to learn about it and gain the knowledge how to. The same holds true with a Godly marriage. If you desire it to be of God you must first learn all about the plan he has set up for a marriage in him.

Starting with your own relationship with him and who he created you to be. You must learn who he created you to be and the direction you are going in him. Like your faith, your gifts in him. You learn what it means to be equally yoked. Once you realize these things and start digging and asking him to show you. He will guide you into many depths. Untill you gain knowledge do not enter into anything. Let the Lord prove all things and make all things clear first.

To sum this up. You can not expect to have a Godly marriage by following worldly ways. Worldly ways receive their rewards of worldly failed marriages. God ways of learning his ways, following them, will bless you with Godly lasting marriage.

Gods Continued Blessings And Love,

David

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 10:15 AM

Wow, David, that is so true!!!

syarhon

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 04:53 AM

Thank you David for a very valuable input. Though we are here in this site hoping and praying for our better-half we as Christians should always know Gods approval by praying and examining our heart. Not to settle for the one available but always consider the word LOVE however if we know by our conviction that this one we love is not according to what God intended for us to marry (equally yoked) better PUSH(pray until something happen)

I look for love in the darkness

Nobody offers me the light

I look for love in the highway

Nobody say hello my friend

Ive search but never found

Ive search the world

I look for love it wasn't there

Ive search the desert

But there's no one to share

But in my heart

Is only Jesus

Who found me first

Because of love

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 08:42 AM

Hi, David!

Yes, you are so right ... each member of a Godly marriage must be aware of what that is and follow the wisdom and desires they know are in God's heart for their marriage as they grow in it in Him and grow closer each day together to Him and to each other. If they ever begin to look at their marriage and each other from a worlly viewpoint, they are in trouble and their marriage will soon fall apart unless they together recognize their error in viewpoint and repent of it and return to honoring God's plan and desires for their marriage to be enjoyed as a Godly, Christ-centererd union.

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2010 10:14 AM

We know why people do not consider the fact that marriage is a Blood Covenant; a sacred opportunity to truly learn what growing in Christ is and how to love! "Worldly ways", as you say. You know them by their fruit, The Word states...but how many people / "Christians" are discerning that about their love interest vs, their money, body, popularity, sexual appeal etc.

I love that God loves us so much that He came as Jesus to be tempted in everyway, so he really understands how you fell into a worldy perspective rather than a Godly one.

Love does not hurt! How that helps me.

I won't say that I am a man of God and then be with a woman and behave otherwise...but certainly if I do, and she is complying, she is not a woman of God. O that we get real!

I pray that God has healed you and your ex wife and that he is using your experience for your respective good, the good of others and for His glory! If you comply, it is a done deal!

Thanks! Rudym1

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2011 02:45 AM

i totally agree,most people plant mango seeds yet they want to hervest oranges ,its impossible.and there is no way christ will give his daughters or sons to wild animals to tear apart,he loves us much