Author Thread: SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Admin

SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 08:48 AM

At the age of four,living in a country village,wrapped in love and innocence of life i fell into meditation and experienced the most beautiful heavenly aromas,and also felt my spirit fly with joy.

I knew nothing of christianity,although baptised at birth,all i felt was showers of torrential love,why is their so much emphasis on scriptural knowledge,and less on grace and love in this day and age,and whether one is born again or not.

Since the age of four I've been trying to find my way home,your views would be most welcome,thankyou from dodger,

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 08:51 AM

Dodger Shared ~ I knew nothing of christianity, although baptized at birth, all I felt was showers of torrential love, why is their so much emphasis on scriptural knowledge, and less on grace and love in this day and age, and whether one is born again or not.

I hope, trust & have faith that you are read the Bible/Scriptures and/or attend a fellowship to Hear the Word of the Lord Jesus*...

As far as Grace...I notice here on this site that there is a vast amount of Knowledge shared and Argued about sometimes�:laugh:...There are some here that do only speak of Grace�keep seeking and you will find them�

As for the emphasis on Scriptural knowledge...well...it is the Sword & Shield of Truth that will defeat the Devils Tempting against GOD's children...a person cant fight and win a battle with out proper armor & ammo can they...:rolleyes:...

As far as being Born Again...Jesus did say to Nicodimus...Lest a man be Born Again....and of Water & Spirit he will not enter the Kingdom of GOD....Jesus* was referring to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit...which you quite possibly have since you stated ((( all I felt was showers of torrential love,)))...

Anywho�Welcome to the Forums & may GOD bless you on your journey�xo

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 04:33 AM

Thankyou.

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 07:50 AM

Hello Dodger...Welcome and thank you for this post...There is beauty in these scents from heaven and longings for home. :-)

In my life there have been some, too brief, moments that felt like the fabric between this physical world and the spiritual realm was pulled aside and I was given crystal clarity�glimmers of beauty so poignant, so indescribable...so Divine. Sometimes it�s a glimpse, a taste, a smell, a sound...a chord of music, a turn of phrase, a brush stroke on canvas...but, time and even my very breath seem to stop in pure joy. Afterward, the desire to have those moments tugs at the soul...a longing to find the treasure again. It seems if we try in ourselves to recreate that moment, it's to no avail. I think it is a gift...a kiss from the Father...a promise of home. The only hope we have of regaining the experience is to come to Him.

To me studying the Scripture is a way to delve into the Heart of our Father...to know Him...to come to Him. There are those moments of joy...of Divine revelation through Spirit...woven in the eternal beauty of His Word. If we get too caught up in developing our doctrines, delivering our dogmas and dwelling on the dos and don'ts we can so often miss the point...that the Word is about His Grace and Love...given to us and to be given through us to others. To me, "born again" means to receive the Holy Spirit...to be reborn in the Spirit...to walk and live in His love and guidance so we can endure through this world discovering those joys of the Lord..those showers of torrential love, those scents from heaven until we finally do get home.

C S Lewis talks about similar experiences he had in his book "Surprised by Joy".

Also, a quote I like from C.S. Lewis (this time from �Mere Christianity� :-) is �If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.�

Thank you, again, for a lovely reminder...the joy of the Lord is our strength.

God's peace.

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 07:50 AM

Hello Dodger...Welcome and thank you for this post...There is beauty in these scents from heaven and longings for home. :-)

In my life there have been some, too brief, moments that felt like the fabric between this physical world and the spiritual realm was pulled aside and I was given crystal clarity�glimmers of beauty so poignant, so indescribable...so Divine. Sometimes it�s a glimpse, a taste, a smell, a sound...a chord of music, a turn of phrase, a brush stroke on canvas...but, time and even my very breath seem to stop in pure joy. Afterward, the desire to have those moments tugs at the soul...a longing to find the treasure again. It seems if we try in ourselves to recreate that moment, it's to no avail. I think it is a gift...a kiss from the Father...a promise of home. The only hope we have of regaining the experience is to come to Him.

To me studying the Scripture is a way to delve into the Heart of our Father...to know Him...to come to Him. There are those moments of joy...of Divine revelation through Spirit...woven in the eternal beauty of His Word. If we get too caught up in developing our doctrines, delivering our dogmas and dwelling on the dos and don'ts we can so often miss the point...that the Word is about His Grace and Love...given to us and to be given through us to others. To me, "born again" means to receive the Holy Spirit...to be reborn in the Spirit...to walk and live in His love and guidance so we can endure through this world discovering those joys of the Lord..those showers of torrential love, those scents from heaven until we finally do get home.

C S Lewis talks about similar experiences he had in his book "Surprised by Joy".

Also, a quote I like from C.S. Lewis (this time from �Mere Christianity� :-) is �If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.�

Thank you, again, for a lovely reminder...the joy of the Lord is our strength.

God's peace.

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 11:40 AM

Doger,

God'shandwork, and God's Jude said it all!

Debby

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 06:39 PM

Dodger, This is a very interesting topic. It brings to me the recollection of a night at a prayer meeting I attended in Lebanon, TN. I recall moving to the side of the sanctuary at the front of the church to pray for a friend of mine. As we stood there praying the most intense and sweet fragrance filled the air around us. When we finished praying he said he felt a tremendous weight had been lifted off of him and he could smell something very sweet. We moved away from the spot and we could not smell it but if we returned to that place it was very strong. You could not stand next to the spot and smell it you had to be in it. Many people there that night went to the spot and smelled the fragrance. No one could tell us what it smelled like.

The Bible mentions many times when there is a fragrance or a sweet savor that is the presence of God's people and it is the fragrance of their sacrifices, prayers and holy lives that rises up to God. I do recall a scripture in 2 Corinthians that mentions the fragrance of the knowledge of Christ.

2Co 2:14 and to God are thanks, who at all times is leading us in triumph in the Christ, and the fragrance of His knowledge He is manifesting through us in every place,

2Co 2:15 because of Christ a sweet fragrance we are to God, in those being saved, and in those being lost;

2Co 2:16 to the one, indeed, a fragrance of death to death, and to the other, a fragrance of life to life; and for these things who is sufficient?

2Co 2:17 for we are not as the many, adulterating the word of God, but as of sincerity--but as of God; in the presence of God, in Christ we do speak. (Young's Literal Trans)

Thunder

View Profile
History
SCENTS FROM HEAVEN
Posted : 20 Oct, 2010 04:12 AM

I think this is well in-line with the topic of thought,but on forum called I am Struggling with my Faith and then the topic is called How to Be Saved and Born Again,there are some interesting replies,please go to this site and relay your thoughts,thankyou,

Dodger.