Author Thread: The Marriage License In the U.S.
Admin

The Marriage License In the U.S.
Posted : 9 Oct, 2010 05:45 PM

The Marriage License

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=378088042739&id=100000070905904

By Macquireweather Moss on Monday, March 29, 2010

Moss says "A real authentic marriage is a covenant between the husband and wife and the Most High whom is referred to as God, the marriage license is what the State's uses to replace God as being the author and authority over the union of marriage, with itself as being the divine authority. So I'm pretty sure you see how Satanic this contract is, and I assume you can understand why divorce is so high within this nation, because these unions are of the devil. So the husband to be and wife to be apply for a marriage license and think they are entering into a spiritual or religious union of God, not knowing the God they entering into contract with is Satan who's giving power to the State. It was at the Council of Trent in 1563 that the Catholic church made it mandatory for a marriage to be performed by a priest in the presence of two or three witnesses, in which all who didn't marry before a priest or the State in which they resided, were considered to be fornicators and shaking up."

The Protestant churches continued to teach that a couple should be married in a church by a preacher, though the Protestants did not continue the Catholic

institution of marriage as one of the sacraments. Unless a couple were married by a preacher or an official of the state such as the Justice of the Peace in Texas, a couple were not considered to be properly married by the Protestant churches.

On http://www.mercyseat.net/BROCHURES/marriagelicense.htm

It says:

" Black�s Law Dictionary defines "license" as, "The permission by competent authority to do an act which without such permission, would be illegal." We need to ask ourselves- why should it be illegal to marry without the State�s permission? More importantly, why should we need the State�s permission to participate in something which God instituted (Gen. 2:18-24)?"

In the United States the Protestant churches went along with the creation of the requirement that couples must obtain a license from the state in order to be married.

The site above says "Historically, there was no requirement to obtain a marriage license in colonial America. When you read the laws of the colonies and then the states, you see only two requirements for marriage. First, you had to obtain your parents permission to marry, and second, you had to post public notice of the marriage 5-15 days before the ceremony."

"Historically, all the states in America had laws outlawing the marriage of blacks and whites. In the mid-1800�s, certain states began allowing interracial marriages or miscegenation as long as those marrying received a license from the state. In other words they had to receive permission to do an act which without such permission would have been illegal."

"Not long after these licenses were issued, some states began requiring all people who marry to obtain a marriage license. In 1923, the Federal Government established the Uniform Marriage and Marriage License Act (they later established the Uniform Marriage and Divorce Act). By 1929, every state in the Union had adopted marriage license laws."

So, even in the 1920's some states in the U.S. did not

require a license to get married. But by 1929 all states required a marriage license.

I know that in Texas the county governments made records of marriages that took place in the 19th century, but these records were not marriage licenses.

In his Facebook post Moss goes on to say that "

A marriage license Invokes the Corporate State to be the third party to your union and whatever you conceive is theirs and becomes their offspring (children). That is why they can take away your children at any time at their discretion, in which the State leaves them in your custody and care unless or until they find reason not to. They can put asunder your marriage, because they are the ones who joined you together, by way of their marriage license, not by way of God. So therefore, your union is not of the Most High but rather you replaced him out of your ignorance to the legal aspect of the marriage license, with the State who is operating under the power of Satan who said in Isaiah 14:14 that he will be like the Most High."

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2010 07:49 PM

I've always believed the marriage license was an unconstitutional tax. I have the guaranteed right to persue happiness and the government has no right to tax me for doing so. It is a freedom of mine. The government is making me pay to do what it guarantees as mine to do freely. Just like license plates and business licenses.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 07:25 PM

If I remember correctly what i've read, the bible says all authority on earth was appointed by God...

and "to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's"

Perhaps the state can control your license and your benefits and all those physical evidences of the vow that you make but...

"render unto God what is God's"....your obedience.

cowgirl1984

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2010 08:45 PM

I agree with Jaz. Marriages in the Bible were legal unions too. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find a true Christian godly pastor to marry you without getting a marriage license. And if your response is going to be that all you have to do is love the other person and "decide to be married" and consummate the union, then you're just making excuses to not make a commitment. Saying it's satanic is silly. It's not replacing God. It is the legal way of establishing your union in order to give your spouse legal and financial benefits as well as power of attorney should you be incapacitated and decisions need made on your behalf. It is very important that these things are established legally. If something should happen to me, I want my husband making the decisions, and if we don't have a marriage license, he can't. And if they accepted "marriages" without a license, then any random man could claim to be my husband, and if I'm incapacitated I can't deny it, and that would just flat out not be cool.

And as for it being a way to "tax your pursuit to happiness," EVERYTHING is taxed. I'm not saying it's right to tax everything, but if that's your main arguing point, then argue ALL taxes. There are only three states in this country that do not have a sales tax (if I recall, it's Oregon, Montana, and New Hampshire). So if what makes me happy is buying a ski boat, and I buy it in a state with sales tax, that would be taxing my right to the pursuit of happiness. I see no difference in regard to that specific point.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:57 PM

Thunder,

I like your response...

reminds me a little of Jesus.

Good work!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 02:00 PM

To the writer of this post. marriage licenses issued by the state are satanic? How? Quote the bible not a catholic church ruling.The catholic church is ok but does not have the right to force its ideas on everybody else.

The state license system is more than a tax people, it says you are entering into a legal contrct to be married. This is the difference between two people who just love each other.

Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 05:23 PM

You are correct Thunder, the marriage laws began as a way of controlling Interracial Marriages, but then around 1923 the federal government, which needs ways to gain control over the American people, initiated the federal marriage laws, and now every state has a marriage law, as a means to generate capital.

"THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!"

And one more thing; didn't Jesus tell us to "SWEAR NOT AT ALL?" Well, that kills the marriage of Caesar effectively.

So, the next time you see or hear of a preacher trying to swear someone, or do it themselves, remember what Jesus said: "WHY DO YE CALL ME 'LORD', AND DO NOT THE THINGS THAT I SAY?"

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 05:31 PM

You greatly misunderstand this passage.

The Lord, Who is not the author of confusion, would not tell you, that you are to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to Him, what is His, if there were not to be a division.

True believers are "GOD'S", and Satan's seed, are "Caesar's!" Caesar's people walk by SIGHT, and the Lord's people walk by FAITH..

If you are of Satan's seed, he will be your master; whereas if you are Christ's servant, then He will be your master.

It comes down to two types of wisdom. One is real and the other an imposter.

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 12:07 PM

question when you gor married prophet did you say any vows? get a marriage license? Your profile said you have children right? were you married by the law. explain please.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 06:06 PM

There are two threads on this subject~

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=7550#56891