Author Thread: what are your comments on this?
anyann

View Profile
History
what are your comments on this?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 07:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfPq4B4rVsI

CER327

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2010 06:21 PM

The Bible states dont be unequally yoked to unbelievers.

If your FAITH & relationship with JESUS CHRIST means something to you, dont do it.

If you are in a realtionship with an unbeliever...get out as soon as possible.

CC in FL

othniel777

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 07:47 AM

It won't be written in 2 Corinthians 6:14 if being bound together with unbeliever (NASB) is GOOD for us? FATHER knows best. It pays to obey, believe me. Been there, done that.

Irishgal4u

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 03:14 PM

Totally agree with this statement after all it is from the Holy scripture which was written for our good and God's glory. I know if we go down this road our salvation will not be lost, but we will most likely make life more difficult than God intends it. Jesus said to unbelievers "you are of your father the devil" .... do you really want him for your father in law?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 10:09 PM

On a totally personal note, my faith is a HUGE part of who I am. If I couldn't express that in my everyday life, or share my amazing relationship with God with some one who would be the person I spend the rest of my life with... well, I simply don't think I would be able to. As it is, I spend hours a day just in worship, and to have something like that be taken away... well, I simply couldn't let it happen!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 05:24 PM

I can tell you from personal experience that it will lead to problems down the road. When my wife and I were married - we were 'equally yoked' in that - neither of us were considered anything in the way of religion - we said that we believed in God, but we really didn't do anything about it. In fact both of us could not understand what the big deal was when churches were giving us a hard time about getting married. Part of the problem was that this would be my 2nd marriage - my first wife adultered on me and then left with a mutual friend that we had taken in off the streets - that's another story. Again, we were in love and it was just about "us" - and that was it.

About a year ago - I was saved, and because of the dramatic change my life took - due to changes in my beliefs and associated morals and values my wife thinks that I have a mental condition and is giving me a divorce. So that you understand the level of my faith - I WILL NOT seek an attorney as I will not participate in the breaking apart of something that was put together by God - to me what is covered here is under the "better or for worse" clause.

So, my advice would be - to make sure that your partner respects the Lord and the promises that you make to him enough to keep them at any cost. And not take the cheap way out and just offer as a testimony - "Well, I'll be forgiven"

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2010 03:05 PM

Sounds like you need to 'Fireproof' your marriage my friend!!!

Cheris

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 03:08 PM

There are a lot of reasons for this and I also believe that you should not be unequally yoked for the fact that when times get rough what will you both hold onto? Who will you turn to in times of trouble and misunderstanding?

But a key point would be that God does not live in time and know everything past, present, and future. He knows how the world is and will be. And like a good father he wants the best for all his children.

Now, you can still marry an unbeliever but be prepared for trials and tribulations. The bible gives us various examples of some of the troubles that come with this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 02:52 PM

It is relevant that husband and wife relationship be equally yoked because this way, there will be no trouble or encountering some problems later on. If you are a church goer or worshiper to the Lord and he is not, do you think you are happy with your relationship?

Many couples are being divorced and separated nowadays because their Christian life (moral and spiritual values) deteriorated and blemished. If both couple are equally yoked,you can as well work your marriage last because both of you have the same faith and believing in what's God miracle/works. Therefore, God must be the center of their marriage life and everything in their relationship even during rough times, it will come to pass because God is in them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 10:28 PM

THE BEST EXPLAINATION FROM THE HEART THAT I HAVE READ IN A LONG LONG EXCEPT THE BIBLE.

ENOUGH SAID I WILL JUST ASK YOU TO READ MY PROFILE AND IF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE E MAIL MESSAGE BACK JOHN IN EUGENE , OREGON.

:rolleyes:GOD BLESS YOU TODAY :rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2011 12:45 PM

i agree 100 percent