Author Thread: Need Prayer
Admin

Need Prayer
Posted : 17 Aug, 2008 12:22 PM

I really need all the prayers I can get just now somedays I feel like I am losing my mind and the devil makes me doubt my faith. I have been a widow with 2 kids- 1 is 17 a Senior in High School and a 21 year old Daughter- I feel so alone all the time and worry about finances due to in June 09 my sons Soscail Security wil stop after he graduates- I feel like no one cares- I try to pray but it just doesn't feel like it is getting through or that God isn't listening- all I can hear is the devil telling me I am right . Please pray for me that I will have a sense of peace and will learn to trust God that he will work a mircale by sending me a new christain spouse .

Thanks for all your prayers

Shirley

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 17 Aug, 2008 01:18 PM

Shirley,

I will be in prayer for you.

:rocknroll:revelation22

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 17 Aug, 2008 02:00 PM

Shirley,

Here's a scripture that brings me comfort when I think He doesn't hear.

It's Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.

He's there, my sister, and will supply every need. We just need to trust Him.

:rocknroll:revelation22

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 7 Sep, 2008 05:14 AM

Shirley,

I will be praying for you. Funny cause my name is Shirley too and I'm a widow as well but with 1 child. I did remarry but wish I would've waited and dated more men. I had 3 dates the weekend I dated this man and we'd been talking along. He was so romantic and stole my heart right away but sadly snowed me and convinced me he was a Christian when, in fact, his heart is not right with God. He has never been concerned to put God first. So, best to be alone than to be with a man that will not treat you right. I've been cussed out several times for things I intended to be good and positive and he misunderstood. Anyway, you are in my prayers. If you need to talk let me know.

shirleypix

Whitebutterfly1

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 26 Sep, 2008 04:35 PM

Joining you in prayer,

Don't give up believing in God.

He loves you and He cares a lot for you and your family.

I'm praying here that the Good Lord will bless you with His Mighty Presence.

I'm a widow for almost 9 years now & I'm still waiting for the Mighty move of God. I have strong faith and hope no matter what.GBY.........Rosie :angel:

little_girl14

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 01:28 PM

Lord,

You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal us. Touch our soul with Your compassion for others. Touch our heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch our mind with Your wisdom, that our mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach us to reach out to You in our need, and help us to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring us health in body and spirit that we may serve You with all our strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. In Jesus name Amen.

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 08:14 PM

1st I want to praise our God for being the great I AM. The ONLY true infallable Physician. The ONLY healer. The ONLY true comforter. The way maker for he is THE WAY! He is THE TRUTH. He is THE LIGHT! I praise and thank him for being our father, our provider,our deliverer and the only source of REAL LOVE. I thank GOD for his WORD being the blueprint for finding wisdom and guidance. I thank him for this group of believers who read these forums including those who don't make posts. I thank God for all those who pray for those in need. I thank God for so many blessings he has so graciously bestowed upon me. AMong my many blessings was giving me parents who loved and care for me,who taught me and showed me the source of love that I may not only witness it in their examples but experience the source that has not falut for myself, that I might recieve the blessings that come from knowing and experiencing TRUE PURE LOVE.

This is a particularly tough time of trail for me.My father passed on a few years ago. My mother had a massive stroke in late Aug. 07. It left her with right side paralysis and speech aphasia and approxia. My mother has been a source of inspiration for years. She was a missionary,public speaker, elementary school teacher and my personal inspiration .

I now have had the honor, privilege and challenge of taking care of her for over a year. I do so alone for the most part. I ask for prayer for my mother, that God's will be done in our lives,that she recieve the strength needed to continue this fight we have with a stroke that doctors said would cause her to aspirate within months if not days of the initial stroke. They were wrong. Doctors said she'd never regain any ability to even swallow. THey were wrong. Doctors said she'd never say another word....ever again. They were wrong.

I believe it is God's will that my mother walk or stand again and regain some mobility. I believe that it is within his will that she regain some if not all of her ability to speak and communicate her witness to others. I ask that you stand with me in agreement as we stand on God's WORD that ANYTHING we ask in his name BELIEVING....he'll do it.

I ask that I too be lifted in prayer. The challenge of care is at times tremendous. I pick her up every 2-3 hrs to put her on the toilet and off, the clean her. That being said the lack of sleep due to not having more than 3 consecutive hrs of sleep for over a year is taking its toll. I cannot work as a teacher due to the amount of care required,thus financing although blessed with a bit of stashed bank account and investments has brought us through. Yet between the care of dispensing meds, feedings, it makes my job as real estate investor/speculator doubly difficult due to the lack of time and sleep to make the best decisions at all times. I ask that you lift me up in prayer that my spirit and mind be renewed and even increased.

I have a brother dying of cancer. I ask that he be lifted up. I ask that his eyes,ears and heart be opened that he recieve the blessings God still has for him. That his spirit be strengthened that his troubled heart be comforted.

I ask that God lift my 2 other brothers up in prayer. That they recieve and realize his love,from there that they show it to others.

I thank you for reading this and for your prayers.:prayingm:

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 08:14 PM

1st I want to praise our God for being the great I AM. The ONLY true infallable Physician. The ONLY healer. The ONLY true comforter. The way maker for he is THE WAY! He is THE TRUTH. He is THE LIGHT! I praise and thank him for being our father, our provider,our deliverer and the only source of REAL LOVE. I thank GOD for his WORD being the blueprint for finding wisdom and guidance. I thank him for this group of believers who read these forums including those who don't make posts. I thank God for all those who pray for those in need. I thank God for so many blessings he has so graciously bestowed upon me. AMong my many blessings was giving me parents who loved and care for me,who taught me and showed me the source of love that I may not only witness it in their examples but experience the source that has not falut for myself, that I might recieve the blessings that come from knowing and experiencing TRUE PURE LOVE.

This is a particularly tough time of trail for me.My father passed on a few years ago. My mother had a massive stroke in late Aug. 07. It left her with right side paralysis and speech aphasia and approxia. My mother has been a source of inspiration for years. She was a missionary,public speaker, elementary school teacher and my personal inspiration .

I now have had the honor, privilege and challenge of taking care of her for over a year. I do so alone for the most part. I ask for prayer for my mother, that God's will be done in our lives,that she recieve the strength needed to continue this fight we have with a stroke that doctors said would cause her to aspirate within months if not days of the initial stroke. They were wrong. Doctors said she'd never regain any ability to even swallow. THey were wrong. Doctors said she'd never say another word....ever again. They were wrong.

I believe it is God's will that my mother walk or stand again and regain some mobility. I believe that it is within his will that she regain some if not all of her ability to speak and communicate her witness to others. I ask that you stand with me in agreement as we stand on God's WORD that ANYTHING we ask in his name BELIEVING....he'll do it.

I ask that I too be lifted in prayer. The challenge of care is at times tremendous. I pick her up every 2-3 hrs to put her on the toilet and off, the clean her. That being said the lack of sleep due to not having more than 3 consecutive hrs of sleep for over a year is taking its toll. I cannot work as a teacher due to the amount of care required,thus financing although blessed with a bit of stashed bank account and investments has brought us through. Yet between the care of dispensing meds, feedings, it makes my job as real estate investor/speculator doubly difficult due to the lack of time and sleep to make the best decisions at all times. I ask that you lift me up in prayer that my spirit and mind be renewed and even increased.

I have a brother dying of cancer. I ask that he be lifted up. I ask that his eyes,ears and heart be opened that he recieve the blessings God still has for him. That his spirit be strengthened that his troubled heart be comforted.

I ask that God lift my 2 other brothers up in prayer. That they recieve and realize his love,from there that they show it to others.

I thank you for reading this and for your prayers.:prayingm:

Bubblies888

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 05:20 PM

Dear Father in Heaven:

Be with this dear brother who is honoring You by honoring his mother. Give him strength and when he sleeps let it be deep and refreshing. Bless him Lord. Thank you for the miracles you have worked in his life and in his mothers life. Continue to work those miracles and continue to heal his mother for we will rejoice and praise your name now and then when his mother walks we will praise you more. Help this dear brother's brothers all of them. May they all come to know you God and cherish you and love you and love the perfect sacrifice you have sent, Jesus Christ. In Jesus' precious name I pray, Amen.

SOULMATE31

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 12:43 PM

I am lifting you up right now asking our Father to give you supernatural strength to continue to take care of your mother. To give you Peace that passes all understanding. To give you an assurance to know that he is right there with you at all times. To allow you to have the most restful sleep that you have ever known. I am asking for healing right now in the name of Jesus. Know that he is God and he wont give you more than you can bear. May you stay Lifted up.

oluwin

View Profile
History
Need Prayer
Posted : 5 Sep, 2011 09:56 AM

Shirley,

You are on the right path. The Bible tells us to seek and we shall find. ask and it shall be given unto us and knock and it shall be opened (Matt 7:7).

God also tells us to delight ourselves in him and he will grant us our heart's desires (Psalm 37:4). The thing is, what do we do to delight ourselves in him. Praise... Pray... Testify...Meditate and wait on him. We are to do all this in and out of season, whether convenient or not.

Our priority should be him regardless of any raging storm.

Do you also know you can make complaints to God? Please read Psalm 142.

Finally, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So saturate yourself with the Word even to reading the Bible out loud to yourself.

May God continue to uphold you and provide for you even according to his riches in glory in Jesus name. Amen!