Author Thread: what do you think about Halloween?
chakal

View Profile
History
what do you think about Halloween?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 06:37 AM

I don't know much about it as it is not celebrated where I live, and heared

some christian say it has pagan origines and would be better avoided.

myself I see no harm in it as long as it's just children having fun and don't want to divide the world as either good or bad ...so what you think?

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 04:44 PM

Halloween is one of those tricky holidays for Christians. There really seem to be three separate holidays at once. First, there is the totally harmless "kids dress up and go get candy from the neighbors" Halloween. "All the girls wear as little clothing as possible and we'll all get drunk" Halloween is not smart to get involved with. Finally, actual "celebration of darkness" Halloween is downright dangerous, spiritually.

Gary_Lane

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2010 12:32 PM

Halloween can be applied to the two next verses.

Romans 14:23 �And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

This next verse tells us where faith comes from.

Romans 10:17 �So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In other words God has given believers complete instructions on how we serve Him. If he hasn't authorized it, then it is sin.

2 Timothy 3:16 �All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 �That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Please noticed in verse 17 God thoroughly, {completely} furnishes us instructions for all good works.

Paul tells us believers should not observe any days, months or years.

Galatians 4:9 �But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

10 �Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

11 �I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

It goes without saying Halloween is also a tradition and this is what God says about traditions of man.

Luke 16:15 �And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

I would like to add why have a day to honor death when all born again believers are supposed to be in the light with eternal life?

Seems contradictory to me.

The history of Halloween like any other day can be researched online or any good encyclopedia.

Gary