Author Thread: Three Questions ???
Admin

Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 08:27 AM

Ima working on an Essay & Need some Perspective & Input. Biblical Scripture is not Required but would be Greatly Appreciated...Please be Advised...These Questions are for the Purpose of Research Information Only. The Poster is NOT Responsible nor Liable for the Opinions or Views of Those that Participate...:rolleyes:...Thank Yall in advance & Please have a God Filled & Blessed day...xoxox

1. What is the Prosperity Gospel ?

2. How does it Differ from Christ Jesus* Gospel ?

3. How can a Christian identify such a Gospel ?

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 09:45 AM

THIS COULD BE VERY INTERESTING. PROSPERITY IS THE GOSPEL FOR EVERY ASPECT OF MANS LIFE. TO THOSE THAT BELIEVE UPON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 10:19 AM

1. What is the Prosperity Gospel ? It's all about what the church can do for you.

2. How does it Differ from Christ Jesus* Gospel ? It's all about what you can do for our savoir.

3. How can a Christian identify such a Gospel ?

Smooth talkers today preach more about healthy, wealthy and encouraging others that god wants us to be that way more than salvation and repentance! It's not about the numbers that are in church but the one's that are saved in the church.

Maniacs1

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 12:48 PM

1. the prosperity gospel generally generally revloves around our earthly desires (eg. health, wealth, comfortabliltiy etc.) and generally turns God/Jesus/HS into nothing more than a "vending machine" of these things (per se) if we pray/belief hard enough.

2. the gospel of Jesus tells us to give up everything (including our health, wealth, comfotablility etc.) for the sake of others. a good question that i`ve heard is (and im putting it into my own words) "if Jesus, His disciples and the early church lived lives of poverty, uncomfortablility and persecution, then why shouldnt we? what makes us so different/special?" another quote that ive heard (and this time its exactly what was said, not me paraphrasing) is "if the gospel is more true in one part of the world than another, then it is not the true gospel". the author was saying that the gospel should have the exact same message no matter where in the world you go. and if you notice, most polaces that the prosperity gospel is being preached is in north america (maybe elsewhere as wel, but because im from canada i wouldnt know, lol).

3. and like ncwestie said, if all they talk about is about how much we "deserve" things instead of needing salvation and the grace of God, then i wouldn`t really rely on that preacher giving/telling the actual truth of the gospel

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 12:58 PM

1) It is called the" Name it and Claim it gospel" In a nut shell ; Basically it teaches you can have ANYTHING you ask. God wants you to be healthy, wealthy and happy. If you are sick, poor or unhappy it is either from the devil or at lack of faith on the persons part.

2) A mere glance in the direction of Jesus and his Apostles will glean enough to know they were not rich men and just about all were tortured and killed. To truly love God you must be a enemy of this world.

3) Look at Pauls life; a man who followed the real Gospel of Jesus. ; specifically 2Cor 11:23-33 shiwrecks, beatings hunger etc...

Note; people who buy into this typically are not students of the scripture. And fail to realize if they want to go to heaven ; sooner or later they will have to die. Except then plan on being raptured out before the tribulation ....but that is a different can of worms... Lol.

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 04:31 PM

TWO SPARROWS TEACH US WHAT THE WORD TEACHES ABOUT HEALTH AND PROSPERITY

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 07:18 PM

@PJ

The Word teaches ultimate and complete healing occurs when a Christian dies at which time we inherit unimaginable riches.

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 09:18 PM

THAT IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD.

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 PM

@PJ

Open ears and mind here. Enlighten me.:bow:

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 01:36 AM

@sparrows:

PJ,has no understanding of Biblical prosperity seeing that he and others appear to be wanting things from gOD,and not YHWH himself.

To understand Biblical prosperity we have to remember that Christian faith is not Western,but rather Eastern.

From whence did the Gospel come,From the West,from

America.

No the Gosple came from the East,from Israel.

So then we need to understand Biblical prosperity with an Eastern minded understanding.

Remember,prosperity is not always Monetary in nature.

A favorite verse of the health and wealthers is.

3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

How does ones soul prosper?financially,physically,

intellectually,or spiritually.

Is not the soul in between the body and spirit.

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

How can I tell when a person is a health and wealther,that is all they want to talk about.....

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
Three Questions ???
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 03:54 AM

IF YOU WANTED TO SAY THE LORD IS ACCURSED GEORGE YOU DID A GOOD JOB WITH YOUR MOUTH.

Page : 1 2