Author Thread: The Truth about God
Admin

The Truth about God
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 12:23 PM

Here is what I am trying to explain in regards to the relationship between God the Father and his Son. This should clear up any confusion on the matter.

http://www.smyrna.org/Studies/Truth_About_God.htm

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 09:26 PM

Robert I have tried to answer this post twice ; the first time it took a hour the second time 30 minutes. CDFF makes me re- sign in when I try to send it. So I give up. Instead I will give you a short review of the article.

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 09:53 PM

After loosing a hour and a half of typing I will make this quick so I don't have to re-sign in again and lose it every thing.

This article interprets scripture with a preconcieved agenda. It is easy to do, in fact many are quite adept at it. All you have to do is the following 3 things :

1) Go back to greek and hebrew and use alternate definitions of the word which sentence structure, context and biblical history does not support. If you are not fluent in greek and hebrew and knowledgeable of bible times it all sounds very believeable.

2) Take passages from different books of the Bible , Old and New Testaments combine them out of context to redefine meanings of the original passage. For example; redefining wisdom Solomon wrote of in proverbs as Jesus, just because Paul wrote that Jesus was the wisdom of God. That is not how to interpret scripture.

3) If you cannot change the definition of the words or the add verses together to get the desired meaning, you can always say something like "This verse is not found in the earliest manuscripts, therefore it should not be in the Bible.

>>>>>>This article does all three of the above

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 04:18 AM

Ok fine, thank you for taking the time to read it. I still very much disagree with you though. But that's alright. When I read the entire chapter of Proverbs 8 obessed able to identify Yeshua in every single verse. My heart was greatly encouraged and warmed!

I'm afraid we just see things very very differently and doubt we will ever agree on anything.

Shalom!

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 06:05 AM

Ok Robert let's breifly discuss Proverbs 8. It is your view that Solomon is not personifying Wisdom but rather is speaking of Jesus. There is no doubt that Wisdom and Jesus have many of the same attributes, however that is not enough reason to say Solomon was writing about Jesus. In fact there is some attributes they do not share that are addressed in Proverbs 8 which make it impossible for this chapter in Proverbs to be about Jesus. I will shortly outline these in the following posts;

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 06:18 AM

Proverbs 8:2 " On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, SHE takes HER stand; "

The Hebrew mind and language does not play fast and loose with feminine/masculine words as I am sure you know. Jesus was male. Jesus was prophesied to be male. Tha sacrificial lamb in the Old Covenant was always male. I do not think you need scripture supplied to support this, if you do please let me know and I will supply it.

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 06:32 AM

Proverbs 8:17 ; "I love those who love me......"

Taking this as Jesus presents a doctrinal error that is in disagreement with scripture.

1 John 4:19 ; " We love because he first loved us"

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this : While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 07:01 AM

In summary ; I would think believing the same doctrine as JWs, Mormons and every other christian cult would be somewhat cautionary for you. In addition this article states anyone who believes Jesus and the Holy Spirit is God is worshipping Baal . (Satan)......I would think a hugh red flag!

I think you would do much better to get yourself a NASB study Bible with the Zondervan study notes and study scripture for yourself rather than relying on ANY web site.

1 Thess. 5:21 "Prove all things, hold fast to which is good."

Acts 17:11 "Now the Bereans were of more noble character............examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

2Tim 2:15 ; ".......and who correctly handles the word of truth."

I hope you do not think I am arguing with you ; there are other things I like to do, but because I believe God has called me to standup for the truth and because I want the best for you, loving you as a brother in the Lord I spend my valuable time typing on my little phone ...lol!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 11:08 AM

Hey, now...I resent that! Seventh-day Adventists are supposedly/allegedly a "cult" and we don't believe that!:laugh:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 11:18 AM

@DHTM

Lol ...I didn't mention any particular denomination. Although I did notice it on the web site, I did not think they are main stream 7th Day Adventists.

Perhaps you could shed some light on this for me: Are you a 7th Day Adventist? If so....do they actually believe what this site teaches? Just curious.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
The Truth about God
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 01:04 PM

No, Adventists do not believe that. It looks like the website people are just Sabbath keepers and not Seventh-day Adventists, but I couldn't see anything that noted what denomination they are from, if they are from one. I've run into some Adventist offshoots that do believe something like that, but it's definitely not mainstream theology. The offshoot Adventists usually go after the Holy Spirit, and not Jesus. They say stuff like, "it's just the spirit of God and not a separate being", but the only ones I've met were pretty weird. They also wouldn't say the name "Jesus" because it was a greek word for Zeus or something...I don't know exactly what was going on there. Adventists believe in the full divine Trinity though....and we're not a cult:winksmile:. I am one, so I know!:laugh:

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2