Author Thread: Jesus=Paul or Jesus+Paul or Jesus vs Paul
Admin

Jesus=Paul or Jesus+Paul or Jesus vs Paul
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 02:28 PM

I hope this question will stretch some.....

Do you think Jesus and Paul taught the same thing?

or

Paul added to what Jesus taught?

or

Jesus's and Paul's teachings conflict?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 03:05 PM

Twosparrows, My first thought to your questions is what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 7. In verse 6, he says of those who are unmarried that it is better to remain that way. "But I speak this by permission, [and] not of commandment." Then, further down in verse 10, he writes, "And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:" And in verse 12, he says, "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."

I think Jesus and Paul taught the same thing. I also think that Paul expounded upon some the teachings of Jesus, but not really adding to them. No way do I think they conflict.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 03:15 PM

I believe that it can be said that

Paul spoke only what God (The Holy Spirit) led him to say. The Holy Spirit would not let Paul speak blasphemy. So...no...Paul did not conflict with Jesus...nor did Paul add anything to what Jesus Commanded.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 04:16 PM

To expound a bit:

Generally with a few exceptions ;

Jesus brought the gospel to the Jews

Paul brought the gospel to the Gentiles

There are differences, I agree. Some say conflicts, I disagree.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 08:35 PM

THEY BOTH TAUGHT THE WORD OF GOD INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, AND THE SPIRIT ONLY SPOKE WHAT HE HEARD FROM THE FATHER, AND THE BIBLE IS A PROGRESSIVE REVELATION, THAT DOES NOT CONTRADICT ITSELF.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 08:35 PM

THEY BOTH TAUGHT THE WORD OF GOD INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, AND THE SPIRIT ONLY SPOKE WHAT HE HEARD FROM THE FATHER, AND THE BIBLE IS A PROGRESSIVE REVELATION, THAT DOES NOT CONTRADICT ITSELF.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:31 PM

No need to shout PJ

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:56 PM

Progressive revelation .... It is.....I like that

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 07:57 AM

No need to be rude,89, or was that meant to be funny?

Great discussion topic, twosparrows.

Deborah:angel:

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 01:42 PM

Paul says, "love your wife as Christ loved the church" Jesus says you must hate your wife to be His disciple, (Luke 14:26), "�If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple."

It may seem at times Paul and Jesus contradict each other. You can google 101 bible contradictions and find naysayers from Islam to atheists. But closer examination usually shows it is not a contradiction.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 01:49 PM

Sheep herding king, it is good to have a fella like you to point out the details, play devils advocate and just generally stir things up. It keeps our swords sharp!

Btw you don't need a computer, I do just fine with a droidx phone.

Page : 1 2