Author Thread: waiting....
Admin

waiting....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 07:30 PM

sometimes i just wish that prince charming would come into my life like tomorrow or something. I am not looking for him, rather i am just waiting.....

what is your opinion on girls taking the initiative? i think that men should have the responsibility in asking the girl out, i know many guys who think it would totally turn them off if a girl approached them and than i know other guys who are opposite of that.

whats your opinion?

spri1458

View Profile
History
waiting....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 09:10 PM

I'm going to use the word 'you', but I'm going to use it in a general sense. Personally, I don't mind if the girl takes the initiative. The right person for you may not have found you yet--or maybe someone knows you're there, but you just haven't made something known about yourself that the person finds really important and he/she hasn't contacted you as a result. With all of the people/profiles out there, a person can easily become "lost in the crowd". If you think you may have found that special person, it seems to me that if would be fine to approach him/her so you don't lose out on what could be the opportunity of a lifetime. I hope that makes sense..

View Profile
History
waiting....
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 12:24 AM

I don't mind if girls ask first. I don;t really see why there would be any kind of problem with it.

JiraiyaNoSannin

View Profile
History
waiting....
Posted : 21 Oct, 2008 11:16 PM

The problem with waiting for the opposite gender in today's world is that there are so very many barriers that we have foolishly put into place in order to "protect ourselves," or to avoid "making someone else uncomfortable." Somewhere recently, someone with far too much power and far too little sense forgot that life can be somewhat difficult at times and went out into the world without at least one of the following two things: 1) Trust in the Lord, or 2) a helmet.

During the events of that day, the aforementioned person got his/her feelings hurt and ego bruised, and began to spread a personal doctrine of well intended, but poorly thought-out social bureaucracy that we now know as "being politically correct." The good intentions of this practice infected the minds of many, who immediately began (overzealously) policing the words of the common populace, with the intent that nobody's feelings or pride might ever be bumped about again.

In reality, what this has done is created several methods of discouragement for the human race to communicate thoughts, feelings, and ideas with each other. Rather than relying upon the wisdom and benevolence of our Lord, we became preoccupied with choosing our words carefully lest we come under fire for violating someone else's rights by offering a smile and a polite "hello."

This, in effect, has created a new generation of gun-shy humans. Male and female alike, they are in fear of expressing their thoughts in public, everyday life. This has also resulted in social sites such as this one, where people come to let their hair down and attempt to be able to finally speak to each other in a civilized, relaxed manner.

Human psychology aside, you have a better chance of beginning a relationship if you are the one to take the first step instead of waiting for someone to step up to you. Often, we don't watch where we're going, so we could easily miss what might be awaiting us.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Michael

noothergods32

View Profile
History
waiting....
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 01:07 PM

I don't think that a girl should ask a guy out, however it never hurts to let him know of your interest. However I strongly believe that it is the guy who should take the initiative in asking you our and beginning the relationship.