Author Thread: Are you looking for a DATE?
Admin

Are you looking for a DATE?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 06:07 AM

Are you one of the people, throughout the world, that are "looking for a DATE?"

What is a DATE after all?

A DATE is an appointment; but how can you be looking for an appointment, only to set an appointment..?

And if you are of the household of faith, how can you be looking, for one DATE, and then another DATE, when the very word FAITH means that you are anticipating that the thing hoped for, is coming..? And if it is coming, then why are you running around, looking for it; why not just wait..?

And as for all of these profiles, that say "I AM LOOKING FOR" and then all of the things that are desired, from height to weight, to shape, to amounts of possessions, to wanting to have fun in amusement parks, to the color of the eyes.. Isn't that type of prospecting, the same thing that you did last time..?

I went and conducted a word search for the word: FUN, and could not find it in the scriptures..?

I went and conducted a word search for the word: ENJOYMENT, and could not find it, either..?

I could not find, MOTORCYCLE, TRUCK, 401K, CLOTHES, FASHION, FURNITURE, or pretty much any of the words that are used in most of these profiles, to describe the spiritual life that these believers are seeking..

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE! I thought we are supposed to be doing this by FAITH and not by SIGHT..?

If you are WALKING by faith, as Abraham, of whom it is written, "WENT NOT KNOWING", then how can you have all of this criteria, that you are not supposed to know nothing about..?

The thing that puzzled me most, was that I could not find even the slightest indication, that the people of the book, were interested in finding a DATE, or had established criteria, beforehand.. about that SPECIAL ONE that the Lord was going to send..

Am I missing something here?

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 07:46 AM

Furniture? I have yet to see someone talk about furniture in his or her profile. I'm trying to imagine just exactly one could incorporate that into a profile, Hmmm.

"One of my favourite hobbies is to lounge around on my furniture."

"I need a strong guy who can help me rearrange my furniture."

"My favourite thing to do on a first date is to stare at furniture together."

"My love language is touch. I have to be touching a piece of furniture at all times or I'll have a panic attack."

*Seriously considering a profile revision to incorporate at least one of these statements -- perhaps even all four!*

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 07:51 AM

I have yet to see "microwave" mentioned in the bible. Does that mean I'm supposed to not be in a relationship with any girl who has a microwave?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 07:56 AM

I think as long as the microwave isn't sitting on a piece of furniture and the girl isn't being fashionable or wearing clothes while using it, it's okay.

And why is mentioning clothes bad?

"I only date men who have their clothes on."

"I believe that women should keep their clothes on at all times during a date."

Would the reverse really be better?

"I only date nude men."

"I believe that women should be nude while they go on dates."

I'm totally not getting your reasoning here, PC...

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 08:09 AM

The profile has been revised:

"I'm not really that excited about dating. Can we just skip that part and elope? :ROFL: If we do go on a date, please note that you must keep your clothes on and that I would very much enjoy looking at furniture. One of my favourite places to look at furniture is Crate and Barrel."

(The first 2 sentences were there already.)

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 08:15 AM

Aside from resisting the urge to point out the obvious ridiculous premise of this thread, perhaps you should have searched for the origin of the concept of dating.

Dating originated with a man making an appointment with a prostitute. It later became a common practice for a man to set a "date" with a woman that he wanted to simply spend time with and it has evolved into our common practice of dating.

And so what if "Christians" have certain criteria for the kind of person they want to date or be in a relationship with. We are all different and we all have different needs and desires for ourselves and the kind of relationship we are looking for.

We are created to have criteria. It is in our genes. Attraction to someone is built in. What we think is important for us comes from both genetics and our life experiences. But you go ahead and have your vanilla life with someone that you don't find attractive and you can't get along with because after all, you walk by faith and surely the "right" person will fall into your lap at just the right time. And by the way, if dating doesn't make sense to you what are you doing on a dating sight?

Get a grip.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 08:53 AM

Here's another thought: A date is also a piece of fruit. It is possible that those who are looking for dates are hungry. Perhaps a more productive way to handle your frustration with date-neediness would be to organize a food drive. Helping can be so much better than judging.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:38 AM

Well...this is a Datein Site, So I guess people here are seekin dates & mates...or...scammin for ham...It is what it is...jus need ta take care on this Web / Grid thingy...but to the question posed...

NAHhhhhh....Ima not lookin for a Date...Datein is for the purpose of findin out what you Need / Want & DONT Need / Want in Mate / Husband / Wife....an Ima not talkin bout Stuff of the World like the House, Car, Boat, Motorcycle...etc...etc...etc...Ima talkin bout the REAL STUFF...Inner Stuffin of GOD...:peace:...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:44 AM

Well pc where you went wrong is by saying that faith is something that we are anticipating. Hebrews says it is the SUBSTANCE of thing hoped for and EVIDENCE of things not seen (Heb11:1). So if you are anticipating faith then it isn't really faith not is it??? the word JOY is in the bible a lot. How about abundant life??? how about being a good steward??? Being a christian isnt a list of do's and dont's it's a relationship with Jesus Christ and God commanded us to subdue the earth. =) lighten up buddy just love on God and love on people that's all God really wants us to do. Matthew 22:37-40

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:47 AM

and of course im not saying sinning is ok. But God created earth for us to subdue. Are you a baptist by chance? just a guess

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 11:35 AM

@pc

You asked: "Am I missing something?"

The answer would be although you brought up some thought provoking points what you are missing is these profiles reveal the "priorities" of the person. If everyone expressed how much Jesus means to them, how they read their bible everyday and pray daily for the gifts of the Spirit.....How would we know who is who.

pc, just consider these 'profiles' as 'time saving devices', or a gift from God for those without discernment. ; )

Page : 1 2