Author Thread: Are you looking for a DATE?
Admin

Are you looking for a DATE?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 06:07 AM

Are you one of the people, throughout the world, that are "looking for a DATE?"

What is a DATE after all?

A DATE is an appointment; but how can you be looking for an appointment, only to set an appointment..?

And if you are of the household of faith, how can you be looking, for one DATE, and then another DATE, when the very word FAITH means that you are anticipating that the thing hoped for, is coming..? And if it is coming, then why are you running around, looking for it; why not just wait..?

And as for all of these profiles, that say "I AM LOOKING FOR" and then all of the things that are desired, from height to weight, to shape, to amounts of possessions, to wanting to have fun in amusement parks, to the color of the eyes.. Isn't that type of prospecting, the same thing that you did last time..?

I went and conducted a word search for the word: FUN, and could not find it in the scriptures..?

I went and conducted a word search for the word: ENJOYMENT, and could not find it, either..?

I could not find, MOTORCYCLE, TRUCK, 401K, CLOTHES, FASHION, FURNITURE, or pretty much any of the words that are used in most of these profiles, to describe the spiritual life that these believers are seeking..

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE! I thought we are supposed to be doing this by FAITH and not by SIGHT..?

If you are WALKING by faith, as Abraham, of whom it is written, "WENT NOT KNOWING", then how can you have all of this criteria, that you are not supposed to know nothing about..?

The thing that puzzled me most, was that I could not find even the slightest indication, that the people of the book, were interested in finding a DATE, or had established criteria, beforehand.. about that SPECIAL ONE that the Lord was going to send..

Am I missing something here?

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 02:13 PM

PC computer and motercycles are not in the bible. you use the computer right. So, what is wrong with looking for a date now????

Oh, I forgot you do not always answer our questions.

:ROFL:

Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 04:07 PM

SOMEONE STATED, "I HAVE YET TO SEE A PROFILE THAT MENTIONS FURNITURE!!!"

There are different forms of communication. Have you ever seen a photograph of someone sitting on their couch, sofa, or in front of a fireplace?

C'mon people..

Yes, FURNITURE is part of the LURE.... everything tangible IS..

That is the dark art of conniving and manipulating..

It has been going on since the beginning of time..

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 04:13 PM

That was me. I honestly thought you meant that you were seeing all of these profile where people were going on-and-on about furniture. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

That said, I fail to see how sitting on a couch or standing in front of a fireplace is manipulative. How can you be so sure of these people's motives who you have never met? Even if you are sure, then why aren't you following the Matthew 18 directive of contacting these people directly?

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 07:36 PM

well, at least they have a photo up...

i think you may be talking about the posing in the photos...

everyone on this website are at different stages in their walk and in their life...

are USER NAMES manipulative?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 05:23 AM

Yes, perhaps it should be like on ICQ where everyone is just assigned a number.

To some, anything is seductive... If a guy finds himself lured away and seduced by inanimate objects such as sofas and fireplaces, then he may do well to ask God to show him of his own guilt in those scenarios. While women should follow some basic principles of modesty, it is impossible to please everyone. If we all posed nude (you still haven't explained why you have a problem with the wearing of or mentioning of clothes in profiles, by the way) and without any makeup and just total whiteness (the colour white isn't seductive, is it?) in the background, I'm sure that some other guy would hop onto the forums and start complaining about those pictures. In most cases, I think it's more likely that a guy would feel manipulated by nudity than by furniture. I'm quite sure that you're in the minority in your thinking that the presence of furniture and clothing is manipulative.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 07:38 AM

I think I understand this a little better now. I know that when I see a really cute woman in tight jeans and a t-shirt, leaning up against her fully restored '65 Shelby Cobra Mustang I usually think, "Man, I hope she has an 1100 watt microwave!

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 11:59 AM

:ROFL:...that was funny ToG...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 02:12 PM

.....Thunder.......:ROFL:

Page : 1 2