Author Thread: Gideon's Fleece
Admin

Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 06:24 AM

Judges 6: 36-40

Even 'tho God had already told Gideon He would save Israel by his hand,Gideon still layed out his fleece.

Do you think it's right or wrong for Christians today to ask God for a sign?

God Bless,

Deborah

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 02:59 PM

Trucker: you said "The just shall live by faith not by signs,miracles or wonders"

Me: Is that biblical? I dont think Deborah was talking about signs as in supernatural. I thought she meant confirmation. If she did, then MY bad.

Is everyone on here saying they've NEVER asked God for confirmation?

No, I dont ask God for a supernatural sign for direction but YES I ask for confirmation.

Wow, trucker you sure are quick to whip out your pistol!

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 03:30 PM

@ Trucker ~ the Scripture you quoted from Matthew in its Context is pertainin the Pharisees & Sadducees asking for a Sign from Christ Jesus as to Judge & Condemn HIM�Not the same thing as asking for Confirmation pertainin to a Sublication / Petition / Prayer / Request�xo

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 06:56 PM

@ river:

Pistol,hmmmmm

Could we please read the posted question just as it has been posted.

View Profile

History

Gideon's Fleece

Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 06:24 AM

Judges 6: 36-40

Even 'tho God had already told Gideon He would save Israel by his hand,Gideon still layed out his fleece.

Do you think it's right or wrong for Christians today to ask God for a sign?

Deborah had left this question sort of open ended.

She could have been more specific,then i would have answered accordingly.

The word 'Confirmation' is different then the word 'Sign'

St.George

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 07:03 PM

Trucker,

Does the St. in front of your name stand for SAINT? Is that your real name?

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 07:14 PM

trucker,

I'm not sure what kind of sign you thought I meant.

Gideon layed out his fleece for God to give him a sign of confirmation that He would do what He said He would.

Other than for confirmation, I don't know what kind of sign one would ask for.

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 06:31 AM

@ river:

I do not want to get off the posted subject.

Yes,St.does stand for Saint

Am i not a Saint of YHWH in Yeshua.

Does not the Word of GOD 'confirm' this.

I see myself from my position in Yeshua ( Saint),not according to my condition in this life (sinner).

The following Scriptures do they show me as a sinner saved by grace or as a Saint of the Most High GOD in Yeshua..

Act 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

Act 9:41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2Co 13:13 All the saints salute you.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Php 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Php 4:22 All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

1Thess. 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

ps:

I would rather have ABBA calling me St. George,than pastors and others calling me a sinner saved by grace.

Shalom and Chesed

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 06:32 AM

It would not matter why you ask for a sign, how much confirmation do you need than the word and the spirit of truth. When you go against the word you open the door to satan. Truth is always spiritually discerned, God is not a man but a spirit, and he commune's with man in his spirit.

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 06:44 AM

@ Deborah:

Deu 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Most of the time the LORD speaks to us through His Word,other times through His people,giving us His Word.

Through circumstances and situations,through bad decisions.

I have noticed that most people only want to hear what the so-called pastor/preacher has to say,thus stifeling the Holy Spirit from speaking to us.

ie :Have you ever been thinking about something in Scripture(Some people here think that thinking is wrong) and another person speaks that scripture while you are having a chat with them.

That then is YHWH confirming His Word you have been thinknig about.

When more then one person mentions about seeing certains character or gifts of GOD within you,or someone else.

This also is confirmation.

The GOD of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob is bigger then any miracles,signs and wonders.

I would like to share with you of the Word of Yeshua.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Agape'and Charis:

St.George

Learning who Yeshua is,and what He is like is Awesome.

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 07:31 AM

Yes George and when one is in fellowship with the lord Jesus, he won't elevate himself above others by continually complaining about the body of Christ, and there is no truth to the lord bringing truth to a persons mind. THE FATHER IS A SPIRIT NOT A MIND.

View Profile
History
Gideon's Fleece
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 07:52 AM

@ PJ:

PJ,I love ,you are way toooooo ffffffuuuuunnnnyyyyyy

Page : 1 2 3