Author Thread: Opportunity to serve long term
Admin

Opportunity to serve long term
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:38 AM

I spoke on the phone last night with my best friend. He has asked me to join him in a ministry in Belize. He has a long term plan to provide ministry to the orphans of Belize. The vision for the ministry is to provide short term ministry opportunities to young people in the U.S. to go to Belize and help with ministry to orphans in the area. But there's more to it than that. . .

He has asked me to go to Belize with him and others in February to check out a hotel that is up for lease. It is the only hotel close to the airport at Belize City and has 50 rooms. It has been used for years for a ministry of putting up youth for short term mission trips and the owner is relocating to a different motel in another part of the country.

The opportunity is that we may be able to lease the motel with an option to buy and start our own ministry using the hotel. Besides the rooms it has three restaurant style kitchens, two restaurants, a cafeteria, a convention center and lecture room/meeting room. Some of the place needs repair before it can be used but for the most part it is fully functional and operational. We are very excited about this chance to move to Belize and run this hotel and use it to the glory of the Kingdom. We have several people on board with us that have specific management skills in this industry.

With this hotel will be able to employ several people from Belize and provide a community service as well. But there's more. There is also a large portion of land not related to the hotel for sale that has beach front property. We can't possibly buy all of the land but we are thinking that we might buy part of it and it would be a perfect location for an education center where we can not only run a different kind of business but also include a school that teaches life skills and job skills to the children we are ministering to. This will likely be something we will start at the hotel if we are able to get the lease negotiated.

The thing about moving to Belize is that foreigners are welcome to live there if they can support themselves without taking a job or if they operate a business that provides jobs for Belezians.

So here's my prayer request. I need $1500.00 to go on the trip in February. I'll be contacting friends to raise the money to go. Please pray that it will be provided. Also we need clarity and wisdom in this endeavor. This has to be a very clear and definite calling of God for us to go through with this ministry. The hotel will rent for $5,000 US month. (about $2500 Belezian). Right now it will bring in about $2500.00/mo US when the owner moves out. We will need several thousand dollars to make all of the repairs.

Here's a link to the facebook page for the trip. Ron is my friend who is heading this trip up. Besides all the ministry to do on the trip we will be talking about leasing the hotel. There is a hyper-link to the hotel on the page.

If you would like to join us we would love to have you go with us!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110486809021060

Please pray.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 02:43 PM

What a Wonderful ministry...I will be prayin for ya...May GOD bless you in this...xo

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 07:15 PM

me too Thunder!