Author Thread: The Mind:
Admin

The Mind:
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 09:28 AM

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

W e are called to being transformed by the renewing of our 'Mind'.

The words 'Transformed' and 'Renewed are interesting Greek words,with interesting applications.

Transformed:

Greek3339

μεταμορφόω

metamorphoō

met-am-or-fo'-o

From G3326 and G3445; to transform (literally or figuratively �metamorphose�): - change, transfigure, transform.

From this Greek word we derive our Engilsh word 'Metamorphisis:

meta�mor�pho�sis noun ˌme-tə-ˈmȯr-fə-səs

plural meta�mor�pho�ses-ˌsēz

Definition of METAMORPHOSIS

1a : change of physical form, structure, or substance especially by supernatural means b : a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances

2: a typically marked and more or less abrupt developmental change in the form or structure of an animal (as a butterfly or a frog) occurring subsequent to birth or hatching

See metamorphosis defined for English-language learners �

Examples of METAMORPHOSIS:

We have watched her metamorphosis from a shy schoolgirl into a self-confident businesswoman.

a company that has gone through a series of metamorphoses

The government has undergone political metamorphosis since his election.

the metamorphosis of tadpoles into frogs

The class learned about how caterpillars undergo metamorphosis to become butterflies.

Renewing:

Greek342

ἀνακαίνωσις

anakainōsis

an-ak-ah'ee-no-sis

From G341; renovation: - renewing

Do we not renovate homes,cars,and other daily items which we use.

Seeing the importance of being Transformed and Renewed,why are some in the body of Yeshua being told that the mind is not necessary in relationship with Yeshua.

How then are we to discern-prove-test-and try the will of GOD without using the mind,which YHWH has give to us to use.

Is there any place in the Scripture where we are told to forsake the use of our minds.

I have been to a few Evangelical fellowships where the people have been told,that the Word of GOD needs to make the 18 inch journey from ones mind down into the heart,

These men almost always point to the heart within their chest.

Yet is not this very heart the one the LORD says this about.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

But the LORD does give us a new heart (spiritual).

Yet,why does He not give us a new mind,why are we called to be transformed,by the renewing of our mind.

Just somethings I have pondered over the years.

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 07:54 AM

Why don't you explain the verse,mrrow, because not matter what P.J says you're gonna disagree. Why sow strife?

chevy

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 10:54 AM

I have off from Friday until Sunday,

I think I will start a thread over that time called

The Depravity of the human heart.

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 06:20 PM

chevy there is truth to that, I probably won't agree. But PJ comes on a public forum and makes an outrageous statement all the time. This time at least 3 of us have asked him to explain his statement. No surprise because PJ does this all the time. I just wonder where he gets his understanding of scriptures because I know of NOBODY that understands scriptures like him.

The verse is verse easy to explain in or out of context, it plainly says the heart is deceitful and wicked. PJ says the heart is not deceitful, that the mind is. I say he is wrong but he can't/won't defend his stance. I and many others have wonder why???

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 09:26 PM

MR. ROW IS JESUS A LIAR BECAURSE PEOPLE SAY THAT HE IS? I HAVE POSTED THIS TOPIC MORE THAN ONCE, YOU CAN MAKE AN ARGUMENT AS YOU AND RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD, IS NOT MT 12:35 IN THE SAME BIBLE?

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 09:45 PM

As usual I have no clue PJ what you are trying to say with your riddles???

I can see MT 12:35 fully supports Jeremiah 17:9 � The heart is deceitful above all things,... Are YOU calling Jesus a liar?

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 02:37 AM

WELL THEN MR ROW YOUR RESPONSE WOULD WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS CARNAL, BELIEVGING IS A CHOICE AND YOU CAN NOT DO IT WITH YOUR MIND

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 05:11 AM

Huh???

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 10:52 PM

I believe that PJ is an excellent example of Mind and Heart. He tries to explain with his mind what his Heart feels and while doing so he leaves out a few things ( some sort of dyslexia).

The combination of Spirit and Body makes up our Soul. Is not then our �mind� really our Soul? Who we truly are? Through Baptism we are �regenerated� (made new in spirit�cleansed) and thus we are �recreated� a new creature.

The brain is an organ�an Organic Computer. The Heart is an Organ�a �pump� made of muscle . These are things made of flesh and therefore of �the flesh� and prone to sin. To say that we �lust in our Heart� is a metaphor.

I do not understand anyone saying that the mind is not necessary in a relationship with God. This is an outlandish statement and does not make sense. It is with our �mind� that we �hear� the Word of God and it is with our mind that we come to the conclusion that Jesus is Lord and that He is our Salvation. It is Our Heart that we are asked to �turn over� to God and it is our Heart that we need to change.

So I can understand that saying about ��traveling 18 inches down��.

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 07:53 PM

Archimedes I think you have nailed it here!

View Profile
History
The Mind:
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 12:08 AM

Actually you have it 180 out, that is a good example of a carnal chrirtian

Page : 1 2 3