Author Thread: Help Me Help The Poor
Admin

Help Me Help The Poor
Posted : 15 Sep, 2008 01:24 PM

Dear Christians worldwide,

I come from Lebanon. It's a country in the Middle East, so it's needless to point out how hard it is for us over here, as people in general, and as Christians specifically.

Moving on to the main point. I have recently discovered a charity organization called Meadows of Love (Mourouj Al-Mahabba in Arabic) that attends to the need of the poor. I'm trying to make a difference in the life of kids. I'm planning to set up a computer room where I could teach the poor children some computer literacy. I've tried hard to gather donations to buy computers, alas, no luck. So far, 0 computer parts. We need around 25 computers, preferably 17" laptops. Specs don't matter, as they are for teaching purposes only. No rich people are donating, and I cannot afford one computer. If anyone has a suggestion on how to do this, please do. Sorry to bother you with my country's poor children problems, but worrying about others comes with simply being Christian, right? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. [email protected]

Thank you all, and may Jesus bless every single one of you. Peace out!

View Profile
History
Help Me Help The Poor
Posted : 20 Oct, 2008 03:19 PM

Dear Nabs, may i ask how much you need and how would someone be able to send you donations? i will be praying for you!

View Profile
History
Help Me Help The Poor
Posted : 20 Oct, 2008 03:30 PM

Well, I was hoping people would suggest help in their own way. I would hate to ask for anything and leave the slightest chance of anyone thinking I'd take advantage.