Author Thread: The image
Admin

The image
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 04:27 PM

recently I have been thinking on something. what are your thoughts on the image of the anti-christ that comes to life.

Is it a TV screen the writers of old saw????

Could it be a clone????

They have cloned sheep already.

Just asking- I am thinking about these things.

I want to know how many are thinking like me.

Dennis

View Profile
History
The image
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 05:26 PM

T.V. screen ?

clone?

Thoughts to ponder !

I know one thing your post has given me an urge to do some study in Revelation. Thanks Dg.

chevy

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
The image
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 07:33 AM

I think it's just a metaphor for a thing/person/religion/government that resembles the original beast/anti-Christ in some way, but maybe has been changed a bit in order to deceive more people than the first. You know...like it's "evil", but appears "less evil". Just a shadow of the first beast/anti-Christ, but it has the same form and purpose.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
The image
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 08:27 AM

From the previous verses we see the beast has been given super powers which he uses to give life to the image.

View Profile
History
The image
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 10:27 AM

Hey Dennis Good Post:

I have thought about this many times over the past years.

More so as this life has been windong down towards the end.

Some say this is a person,others say this is a world system.

Could i post just a few Scriptures hopefully to provoke some thinking.

The first time the word 'Image' is used is in Genesis 1:26

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The Hebrew word for the English word 'Image' is.

Hebrew 6754

צלם

tselem

tseh'-lem

From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, that is, (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, especially an idol: - image, vain shew.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The Hebrew word for 'Image' here is:

Hebrew 6459

פּסל

pesel

peh'-sel

From H6458; an idol: - carved (graven) image.

1Sa 19:13 And Michal took an image, and laid it in the bed, and put a pillow of goats' hair for his bolster, and covered it with a cloth.

Hebrew 8655

תּרפים

terâphı̂ym

ter-aw-feme'

Plural perhaps from H7495; a healer; Teraphim (singular or plural) a family idol: - idols (-atry), images, teraphim.

Mat 22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

The Grrek word for the English word 'Image' is:

Greek1504

εἰκών

eikōn

i-kone'

From G1503; a likeness, that is, (literally) statue, profile, or (figuratively) representation, resemblance: - image.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Greek for Image:G1504

εἰκών

eikōn

i-kone'

From G1503; a likeness, that is, (literally) statue, profile, or (figuratively) representation, resemblance: - image.

Could the image be of a person?

Could the image represent a type of wordly system?

My question is

What will happen if the Pre-Tribulation rapture does not occur,and the believers are left to go throught either part of;Or all of the tribulation.

What are the so-called leaders doing to preparing the people for the worst thing they could imagine.

If it does not happen,then great.

BUT if and when it does happen at least people will be prepared.

It is like any military;Does a countries military have to be preparing for peace,absolutely not.

Militaries prpare for the Worst,yet they always want the best for their people..

I hope this might add some thought to your post Dennis.

Agape' and Charis,To you, young Soldier in Yeshua

George