Author Thread: I'm always paranoid.....
KellyBean

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 12:49 PM

....that I don't understand the way I should about Jesus. Here's how I understand him...

When it is said Son of God, they mean, Jesus, the man, is the son. He is the son because Jesus was born without a biological father, into a virgin woman. Now everyone has a soul, and so instead of Jesus having a soul like any other man, he has the Christ, or God. So if I look at it is as a soul, God is his soul because he is God. I understand the sacrifice. My father told me that in the old testament (because honestly I've only read parts of genesis and the new testament) animals were sacrificed so god forgave the people of their sins. But Jesus was sacrificed so no man would ever have to do that again. So that believing in what he did would forgive us and save us.

So...the beginning part of that paragraph...Am I on the right track?

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 11:52 AM

yes you are girl

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 07:41 AM

Ok! Here�s the crash course.

Yes! Jesus Christ is the son of God.

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Mark 3:11 And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

And yes! Christ was born into this world through a virgin vessel (However; we don�t know whether or not God fertilized one Mary�s eggs or if He just created the embryo/fetus and placed it in her (just a thought)).

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luke 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Please note that the first mention of the word �virgin� in the Bible implies a purity that exceeds a lack of carnal knowledge.

Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 07:42 AM

There are three parts to our being, spirit soul and body.

1Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And yes! Jesus Christ is God in the form of man.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 07:43 AM

God gave Adam a command.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam disobeyed God.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Adam and Eve tried to cover themselves.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

And after God told Adam, Eve, and the serpent their punishments; God made coats out of animal skins to cover Adam and Eve. (The first sacrifice, blood was shed for man�s sin)

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Then Cain and Abel made sin offerings to God but only Abel�s offering was accepted because it was a blood sacrifice.

Genesis 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

Genesis 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Genesis 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

An first image of Christ dying in our place, for our sin debt.

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

�Genesis 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Only blood can take away our sin!

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 07:45 AM

Yes believing that Christ shed His blood, died on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead saves us from the penalty of sin, death.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 6 Feb, 2011 11:13 AM

The apprentice sits in repose and contemplation awaiting the Masters return. Before the Master can speak the apprentice asks, �Master which part of man is more important, the Physical, Mental, or Spiritual?� The Master remains silent for a long pause, and answers, �Each part of man serves its own singular purpose, yet they are in symbiosis one to the other. Each part of man needs to be fed, each part of man needs to be nurtured, each part of man needs to be loved. To seek harmony and balance between the three is to live, to find disharmony and imbalance is to die. I offer this to you.�

The physical is the vessel that God gave us to conduct the flesh and earthly. It delights in good food, good wine, and good times. It seeks reward yet is capable of punishment. It will defend our honor and our lives, yet easily succumbs to folly and exhaustion. Therefore, it needs the brotherhood of the mind, and spirit to hold it up when it tires. It is finite.

The mental is the vessel that God gave us to discern the truth from the lie, the rational from the irrational, the concern to pause, or the courage to go. It delights in good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. It will cause the physical to defend our honor and our lives, yet it too easily succumbs to folly and exhaustion. Therefore, it needs the brotherhood of the physical and the spiritual to hold it up when it tires. It is transitional.

The spiritual is the vessel that God gave us to be able to commune with him, to connect with him, to be able to leave the confines of the earth and return better than when we left. It delights in God, and all that was God, and all that is God, and all the will be God, yet it can be stressed and subdued, attacked and altered. Therefore, it needs the brotherhood of the physical and mental to hold it up when oppressed. It never tires, it never gives up. It is infinite.

Each of the three exists on the tips of the triangle for it matters not how the triangle is held to the light, each remain singular yet each connected, not unlike God himself. He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each singular, yet each connected.

ShuutokuTenei

http://www.arkofthecovenantyhvh.com/

Fruitcaked

View Profile
History
I'm always paranoid.....
Posted : 24 Feb, 2011 08:15 AM

Jesus was fully man and fully God. He didn't come here per se extra special. He is the son of God and He Came as God hence The name Emmanuel meaning God with us. He also came as real as me and you are so he was 100% man. He is special in that no man was needed in conceiving him. You see sin came in through one man. Eve didn't bring sin into the world. Adam did. Eve was decieved but if Adam didn't eat The fruit we most likely would have been

In Paradise. So no man would take part in conceiving Jesus so as to eliminate the sin Nature. Remember in Genesis when Hod dished out the punishment he said to the serpent you shall bite her heel and her seed will crush your head. It didn't say seeds it said seed meaning Jesus would crush the devil while the devil will beat Jesus up before being crucified. You gotta think outside the box here. The devil struck first By burnt His heels and then Jesus hit back by crushing Him. So Women produce babies and that's a part of their function and God Chose Mary to carry Gods Son. The Holy Spirit came over Mary and boom there you have Jesus. Jesus is special and He came special but He also came as plain and simple as you and me so that's about it.