Author Thread: Phillippines?
Admin

Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 04:50 AM

You ladies who are not from the Philippines may not be aware of this, but I would say about 40% of the women on here are from the Philippines. No kidding. Can one of the women from the Philippines explain to me why so many? Is the Philippines the worst place in the world to live or something? Just curious.

Les :^)

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 05:07 AM

Les,

There's a thread in dating stories and experiences you might find interesting. It's title is Xenophobia.

Deborah

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 08:16 AM

I wish there were more of them in the US. So many of them are beautiful.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 07:09 PM

Hey, whoa, hold on there. I'm not xenophobic. I'm just asking a question. If 40% of the women on here were from Delaware I'd be equally as curious about why.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 07:41 PM

Not sure if this helps.....but my uncle married a lady from the Philippines. They now live there on their farm. My uncle did not plan on marrying a woman from the Philippines, nor moving there. But, she lived there so that was that.

So, not sure on the statistics stated. I have not perused the ladies postings. But, just because someone has an account on here does not necessarily mean they hope to leave their country. I have one, and plan on staying in the US for a while longer.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 01:35 AM

Maybe because:

1. A lot can communicate in English

2. Internet connection is easy and many Filipino homes now have computers in addition to the many internet cafes.

3. If a Filipina marry a Filipino, when she gets abused, she is trapped for life. Since the remaining place without divorce is Malta and Philippines, it is better for her to marry a foreign man that if it gets worst the husband can get a divorce (not the Filipina), so at least she has hope there if it doesn't work.

I have been in an abusive marriage, I experienced it first hand, this is why I wish to re-marry with a foreign man. But as to leaving the country, it is not my reason. If he will like it here, I would be happier. A lot of places are now being developed as retirement homes for foreign nationals. Unlike before where they have to marry a Filipina to own properties, and a number of them were abused by the local wife because the properties are in her name, now I heard for residential purposes a foreign national can own.

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 01:51 AM

I would like to share this:

When I worked in a multinational company, every time there is a new foreign supervisor arriving, I noticed his kind of being dismayed why he gets assigned to Philippine branch. But I also noticed that after some time, when he gets to know places to go, then he doesn�t want to leave. I asked one why and he said, I don�t want to shovel snow, the climate is great, I can go around and most of the people can speak English. He wished he and his wife could own a house by the beach and spend retirement there.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 12:06 PM

I can get a house on the beach?!

Hmmmm.......

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 03:25 PM

Thanks for the answer. That is very interesting.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 05:21 AM

Yes!Such wonderful people out there!

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 04:46 AM

Yes twosparrows, there are a number of beach fronting properties being developed depending on your budget. The water I was told has a great sight for scuba diving with the many species of corals and fish. Or if your preference is living in a golf course, there are also such residential places.

Just today I talked with someone who once had lived somewhere in California and he confirmed our climate here is perfect being not too cold nor too hot and it is humid hot. Over there he said it is either too cold or too hot and arid. Those Filipinos who have lived in the US and those who are still living over there always have ready comments of our life here being much much better than over there.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5