Author Thread: should all Christians cast out devils?
jonasjay

View Profile
History
should all Christians cast out devils?
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 04:00 PM

Just curious to see what other Christians think about the question?

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2011 03:02 PM

NO, you really do need to have authority in your life. Without the authority of Christ which is different than salvation do not try it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2011 01:22 PM

Ima in Agreement with DG/Dennis...not All Christians understand the seriousness of this...xo

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 06:19 PM

yes, DG and GJ are right, dont try it if it's not your gift, you can get yourself in alot of trouble, not to mention putting the person your trying to cast the demons out of, lots of embarassment and frustration.

If it's something you would like to learn about, then maybe the Lord wants you to read up on it and one day step out.

In a perfect scenario, YES all christians would be casting out demons, they would know who they are in Christ and know the authority they carry and how to use it...the demons would be trembling!

I've seen deliverances go very wrong, it's not good.

jonasjay

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2011 05:32 PM

Great input.. its great to hear a different thought on things, I just don't think casting out devils is a gift. Ive heard alot of Christians say they don't have the gift, but john chapter 14:12 and Luke 10:19 doesn't say anything about a gift? Luke 10:9 uses the word "power" depending on what version you read.. and that power is acts 1:8. I think faith and consecration play the role and not a gifting

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2011 03:42 PM

it's more faith jonas...but I also believe power/authority...which also comes with knowing who you are in CHRIST.

Like I said, If we all knew who we were in Christ, the devil wouldnt have a chance!

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2011 03:45 PM

AND it is very helpful when you have the gift of discerning of spirits.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 04:50 AM

i believe not everyone can cast out demons,except those that have that gift and also are soo well versed with the word,or the demons will ask you a question like the one they asked peter in acts19:15,jesus we know and paul we know,who are you?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 08:34 PM

Wonders, It wasn't Peter.

Act 19:13 And certain from the strolling Jews, exorcists, undertook to name the name of the Lord Jesus over those having evil spirits, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.

Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.

Act 19:15 But answering the evil spirit said, Jesus I know, and I comprehend Paul, but who are you?

Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit resided leaped on them, and overcoming them he was strong against them, so that they fled out of the house naked and wounded.

This is a good case in point that not just anyone should be casting out demons. It does require some preparation and lots of knowledge, especially the ability to recognize an evil spirit in the first place.

Thunder

wert7

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2011 01:31 AM

Actually we are COMMANDED to cast out demons! Read Mark 16:15-20. This is not a suggestion that Jesus made, It is HIS will and we need to do HIS will.

Many people think that casting out demons is a gift. It's not! Never and nowhere it is listed or described as such, but it is every Christians birthright and duty.

It is part of the gospel, you cannot preach the true and whole gospel without it.

Read Luke 4:18 - that is the gospel, not just salvation!

The idea that not all Christian should or can't cast out demons comes from a point of fear and non- or misunderstanding. That "Christians' don't know their authority in Christ is another issue and problem, they most likely also don't pray as is and do not know the word and I doubt that they are actually Christians.

Jesus said that only those are saved in the end that actually did HIS will and not their own.

So EVERY Christian is held to that and this includes to start dealing first with your own demons (cleanse yourselves, evil heart of unbelief...etc) the bible is very outspoken and clear about that, then cast out the ones in others.

If we don't then we are rebellious to that what Jesus said to do and we are cutting the gospel short!

This is sadly still a very controversial topic and and unfortunately in most churches non-existent issue because it has been neglected out of fear and ignorance. It's not popular and messy and nobody wants to touch it and hardly any church is teaching on it and teaching their congregation to do it and how to. The same goes with raising people from the dead. Mention these two topics and most of them will throw you out! Sad but true. This is how far we have come away from the real gospel.

So telling someone better not to cast out demons, for whatever reasons, is like telling them better not to pray or better not to get healed, saved or set free, and is not knowing their power and authority in Christ that EVERY true born again Christian has...

Deliverance is now needed in Churches more than ever!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2011 10:33 PM

Brothers and Sisters,

Demon Possession is well documented � from the Early Church through the Church today. If you look back through Church History you will see that the Exorcist was Trained and AUTHORIZED to �cast out demons�. The reason for this is obvious�you are dealing with powerful forces that can quickly get away from your control (with devastating consequences).

Rev. Gabriele Amorth (a Catholic priest), has served as the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years. He knows these demons by name and they know him. The demons know it is over when they see him coming (although there are some cases that have resisted his efforts).

Father Amorth says that possessions have increased the last 25 years and that �satan�s smoke� has entered the Roman Catholic Church.

I feel that Exorcisms should be left to the Trained and Experienced, but I do believed that we Christians have the Power and Authority to BIND spirits and prevent them from doing harm�all in Jesus� NAME.

Peace Be With You

Steve

Page : 1 2