Author Thread: My epic drive to church...
Miss_Wendy

View Profile
History
My epic drive to church...
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 01:34 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well and thanks for reading my little post thingy!

First, I'm going to try to start you off with a little mental picture to go along with the story to help you better imagine it in your head while I tell it to you.

Wednesday evening, we had some rather nasty weather down here in Bassett, Virginia. There were tornado watches, people were hiding in their closets, there was a huge leak in my apartment, there was an abundance of hail and an uber huge amount of rain!

Well, the storm ended in just enough time for me to make it to church, so I got in the car and started on my way.

About halfway there, I noticed that there was a driver behind me going about a billion (slight exaggeration) miles per hour, and he was very unhappy with my own speed of 35mph so I took a little backroad to get out of his way so he could go on about his merry little way.

Now, almost as soon as I entered this little backroad, I hit a puddle of water and the car began to hydroplane. I didn't know what to do, so I slammed on the brakes!

Totally shouldn't have done that.

The car spun 5 times before slamming into a power-line pole and snapping it in half. The strain from the pole snapping caused a chain reaction and the next two poles in line snapped, too. After the poles snapped, the lines snapped and there were sparks and power lines flying everywhere! The car started careening down the side of the bank into the river and then hit something else and started spinning again. The next thing I know, the car is flipping and flipping and flipping some more and my head rammed into the windshield and broke it and then slammed into my driver side window and cracked it, too. After a few flips and some more uncontrollable spinning, the car landed on it side in a ditch about 6 feet away from some train tracks... and there was a train coming!

I sat in my seat, in my car that was on it's side and watched as a train blasted by me, only six feet away from where i was trapped in my car. After a few minutes, I tried to make my way out of the car but my leg was caught in between the steering wheel and the cup holder thing. I had to break the cup holder to get my leg free and then tried to get out of the car. As I wrested the door of the car open and began to climb out, my foot slipped and I lost my balance and the door slammed shut on the top of my head and dazed me for a moment. After I regained my wits, I tried to get out of the car again and watched as cars passed me on the road but never stopped to help.

When I finally got out of the car, I looked around and saw all the possibly ways my life could have just ended and all I could do was stare in shock.

I was positive that the car had to be totaled. There was no way it could be okay after that but after looking at it, the only damages were my cracked windows, a bit of bumper damage and I need a new tire. Otherwise, she was fine!

A few minutes later, police and paramedics arrived on the scene to see if I was in need of medical attention but in the end, my injuries amounted to a slight concussion paired with a few bruises and bangs!

May I just say that there is absolutely no way I could survive something like that and not KNOW with every fiber of my being that my God is real! The same God that performed miracles for Moses and the three Hebrew boys back in the day pulled through for me and is still the same God that performs miracles today because He never changes.

It doesn't matter what your facing or what your going through, He is ABLE to save you.

And just like those three Hebrew boys that were thrown into the fiery furnace but came out not even smelling like smoke, the same goes for you. You don't have to come out of your fire smelling like smoke of what you have been through! There is power in the name of Jesus and through Him, we have the victory!

Whew, I better stop before I get myself excited. Y'all have a wonderful day!

God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Amen!

-Wendy

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 07:47 PM

Wendy, What an Awesome Testimony! We certainly serve a Loving, Living Saviour. Thank You Jesus! _____________________________ Psalm 91:11--- For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2011 06:27 AM

Wow! Powerful testimony. Yes indeed, God is good all the time.