Author Thread: Trying to avoid hurting others feelings
Admin

Trying to avoid hurting others feelings
Posted : 29 Mar, 2011 03:12 AM

For years now I have almost always ended relationships in a way that hurts the others feelings. When I am positive other people often grab on to me and become overly attached and I have trouble navigating the friendship without hurting their feelings. If it goes on too long and I continue to say positive things they become more attached and almost obsessed with me. Until I eventually have to break it off which causes me to become the evil cruel person. It is for this reason that I have gravitated toward dating in internet dating sites. Somehow the hurt is not as bad I hope. Internet dating is kind of impersonal and safe.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2011 05:36 AM

Impersonal? I think that isn't the case in lots of relationships developed online. Sometimes it gets very personal. Especially if you're completely honest with the other person.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2011 10:26 AM

The hard brutal truth is that there really is no such thing as an easy way to break off a relationship. It's like trying to remove a bandaid. The best way to do it is to just rip that thing right off and get the pain over with and out of the way. If you just pick at it slowly, it only delays the inevitable and the pain lasts longer. Sadly, breaking it off always makes you the "bad person". Love is just cruel like that. But you can't please everyone. Unless the person you're breaking it off with is a complete psychopath, he/she should be able to eventually get over it and move on. Break ups happen. That's life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2011 04:52 PM

Tell them you don't want to go out with them. Dragging it on and on can damage people.

Or ya' could just tell them you have no money, you're a drinker:toomuch:, a wife beater:boxing: and one of your legs is fake.

But that would be lying. :ROFL:

Rachel

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 09:05 AM

It would be very funny to do though :ROFL:

Might even feel liberating!