Author Thread: Rushing to get married?
Admin

Rushing to get married?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 03:57 PM

So I have been told on many occasions from many people that I work to much, and I need to go "find a wife". I personally love what I do, and I don't think i'm going to find Mrs. right by going to bars or clubs. But as a 25 y/o single man, my friends and family think I should be looking for love. I was just wondering what you women think? I personally do not feel in a rush to get married. Thats not to say I wouldn't if I found the right one. However I also don't feel like i'm missing out on anything, I believe the lord will put the right person in front of me at the right time. Plus I plan on spending plenty of quality time with my family once i'm married, so until then I feel I should work as much as possable, so I will be able to spend that time with them. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Rushing to get married?
Posted : 9 Nov, 2011 05:19 PM

I do have to say,,you have a great attitude..about not rushing in to marriage,,In my generation it was just kinda expected..All my friends were engaged our senior year..I so wished I would of waited....God will work in your life and you will know Mrs Right,,,:yay:Donna

PrincessSparkles

View Profile
History
Rushing to get married?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2012 03:03 PM

I like the concept of your working thought process. Yes, make as much as you can now so you do not have too work as much later when you meet that great gal. How do you expect to find someone if you are not out looking. I say this for myself as well. Not to say we should always be looking. I think if you were ready to be married you would not have the mindset that you are not missing out on anything. Once a guy feels he is ready to get married he starts to look for a wife. If he is not ready he is content doing other things. As a christian you should be content with your life wherever you are. So we should be content without a mate or with a mate. All I am trying to say is this. If you do not feel anything missing there are no gaps for the woman to fill and no need for her. If a woman is not needed to make you feel complete, then either God has blessed you to be one of the few never to marry or you do not have the desire to find a wife at this current time. I think rushing to get married is a really bad idea as well. Never let others tell you what you should do with your life or whom you should look for. It only leads to disappointment and it can waste lots of your time. You know what you want. Just look inward and reflect on what God is telling you. Always ask God what his will is for you and any pending relationships. I hope this answers your question. Good Luck

Page : 1 2