Author Thread: need a women's opinion
Admin

need a women's opinion
Posted : 23 Nov, 2008 01:11 PM

I've been on the site for about 6 months or so and have had no luck meeting anyone on here. I'm not sure what else to do so I'm thinking about canceling my ad. Before I do that I wanted some of you ladies to take a look at my profile and tell what I'm doing wrong and what I could add or take out. Also being a biracial guy is it ok to ask a girl about the type of guy's she dates as far as race?

Thanks

View Profile
History
need a women's opinion
Posted : 25 Nov, 2008 07:18 PM

Hi...from a fellow Texan. Thought I'd take a shot at offering the 2 cents you asked for. Bear in mind that my suggestions are coming from someone whose old enough to be your mom, and who has never posted on here before.

Well, basically your profile is okay. I'd include info about how you treat a lady (open doors, flowers, respect, etc)...that is, IF you do those things. And those are things we like.

You might also consider changing the Proverbs 31 statement. I've seen it before...and it is okay to pray for such a lady...BUT, it might sound better if you write about what it is that you have to offer...in the way of being a Godly man, spiritual leader, etc. And not focus on what you expect her to bring to the table.

Just my opinion...for whatever it's worth.

One more thing...this site seems to have a pretty small membership. You might not be getting any hits, just because there aren't that many people here. Perhaps you'd benefit more from a paid dating site (though I'd be hard-pressed to recommend one).

View Profile
History
need a women's opinion
Posted : 1 Dec, 2008 10:13 AM

D A V I D !!! :buddies:

Listen to me and Rose. Take that Proverbs 31 woman line out of your profile!!!! :rocknroll:

I, we and all the women of the world are TIRED of seeing that line. Half the men that put it in their profile have never read it or can't find the book of Proverbs in the bible.

For some reason ithey think ts supposed to attract us to them? NOT!! :bunny:

Ohhh....

you could put a bit more personal stuff about you: what you like to read, eat, CHURCH activities.

Also, if I were you, I would stay on this FREE site. The paid fee sites ARE more secular in nature as far as their forum and profile pictures they allow.

Thats ALL I'm saying. I'm going to be good. :bow:

Peace & Love

Seleta

:yay:

View Profile
History
need a women's opinion
Posted : 7 Dec, 2008 02:47 PM

From the above post:

" Half the men that put it in their profile have never read it or can't find the book of Proverbs in the bible. "

I got a good laugh out of that one! :applause:

dizl

View Profile
History
need a women's opinion
Posted : 22 Dec, 2008 02:31 PM

I agree about the Proverbs 31 thing. Men want women to be perfect!!! We're not, but either are they. Most women I think want someone who will be a partner, not want to be taken care of and I think that is what Proverbs 31 infers. May be just my opinion.