Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
single parent...you know them by their fruits
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 12:44 AM

That is the real challenge. Usually we parents are judged by the way our children behaved... because maybe it is biblical "you know them by their fruits"... am I right to attribute that verse to parenting?

I am single parent for very long, stayed that way because I have girls and I am afraid they might get molested in a step father relationship. Who am I to risk their lives? But I have no regrets, I was so busy with work and family I could not have time for a mate. All those 18 years of single parenthood and am still counting, I feel the Lord's presence, protection, provision.

I think what keeps us happy in our single parent home is that we've been always grateful to God in whatever situation. There is always a negative & positive side in a situation and it is a choice which side to focus on. Being happy is a matter of attitude.

Mercymay

View Profile
Crime & Punishment - Dostoyevsky
Posted : 18 Sep, 2010 10:15 PM

Just finished reading it today and enjoyed it for the sake of reading and also I got kind of enlightened a bit. I found this line of thought interesting :

...what appealed to him most about her was the fact... that she is destitute...because a man does better to take a wife from a poor background so he can have mastery over her later on...and be able to wield the constant reproach over that he's done her a favour?...

I am from a third world country Philippines, tho our land and water is rich and beautiful, majority of the population is poor...maybe poor but mostly are happy people.

I've been on line dating for years now and not successful yet. I found and lost, found and lost, found and lost. Am I giving up? not yet. I have faith I will meet God's chosen one, the Adam where I came from as one interesting profile say it and goes on saying..."Meeting God's chosen one is just the beginning, Loving God's chosen one is the challenge."

The lines above from crime and punishment kind of explain something to me. There were those I found that helped me get through life, well, I've been through a hard time also as a single parent with two kids. Then when I started to refuse the help thinking the guy is more needy that I am at the moment, then I lost him. Maybe that is why a lot of ladies are here for money because white guys are very generous. They will send you money even without your asking. It makes them feel good to have helped someone destitute? I meet another guy, started to send me a few amount, I can manage without his few amount that I started to refuse, then I lost him. Frustrating.

Does it help if I play destitute all the time to keep someone? Haha... but that line of thought above was attributed to someone not admirable at all.

Page : 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23