Author Thread
eric198375

View Profile
Pastor James David Manning Banned from Youtube
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 01:11 AM

Lucille is right. Just because we don't like a guy and we are constitutionally protected to say things like that doesn't mean that its okay.

The Bible talks about God choosing our leaders. If He puts them in office isn't this sort of talk a sin directly against God? Instead of blasting the president we should pray for him. If we prayed for Bush in the midst of all of the civil rights he ignored shouldn't we do the same for Obama?

eric198375

View Profile
The Dark Knight
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 12:57 AM

Its interesting that people speculate that playing that character led to his death. I guess we will never know, but I would suspect it went deeper than the depravity of "the Joker". From what I have read the filming is a lot less intense than what we see on the screen. Without seeing the camera movements, the color lenses, and hearing the music much is taken away from the whole experience.

eric198375

View Profile
Faith-based movies
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 12:53 AM

Oh Swingblade. I did enjoy that movie but I would not show it to children. It does ask some interesting questions but...

I'm not extremely selective about what I watch but when recommending films on a site like this I try to be sensitive. The only thing I would be concerned about (other than the language in the movie) is that the murdering of an unarmed man solves the crisis. The thing that people can chew on is the self-sacrifice of Thornton's character.

Possibly the best "faith-based" movie from Hollywood is the Apostle. There is a little bit of language but E.F.'s relationship with God is what I envisioned of King David from the Old Testament. For that alone I think it is worth watching.

eric198375

View Profile
Suggest something to me...
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 12:46 AM

"Up" is on DVD and I thought it was a great movie.

As for movies in the theatre, I can't think of anything I want to see.

If you are interested in love-struck vampires then you might want to check out "New Moon".

eric198375

View Profile
Do you think a woman should approach you?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 12:35 AM

Tarasye,

Funny you bring up that analogy because one of the most obnoxious women I know claims to have a crush on me. I happen to work with her and the only thing that is keeping her from chasing me is her boyfriend whom she seems to like. It is a little scary and would be scarier if she really was pursuing me. And she is very honest about it.

You are right, there is mutual choice but it seems that girls have the final say.

eric198375

View Profile
Are the roles reversing?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:32 AM

Oldfashioned:

Is it essential that a woman is the homemaker?

eric198375

View Profile
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:25 AM

I will admit that I'm not a fan, but that's not point.

A few things that really bothered me about the reaction to his death were:

1. All of a sudden it was a celebration of how great of a person he was. He wasn't a great guy and I don't want to harp on that. Other people have covered that. Instead people should have focused on his great music. Its almost a deification. Fans did the same thing with Lennon. People forgot how he treated Ono (but not vice versa).

2. It spurred a huge commercial enterprise. I'm actually surprised that the amount of MJ merchandise sold since his death hasn't lifted our economy out of the recession. Some marketing people and financial experts weren't thinking ahead.

eric198375

View Profile
Old Time Christian music
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:11 AM

There are some contemporary guys in worship music that are recording hymns that appeal to younger people. I can't tell you who they are off the top of my head because I don't listen to them but I have heard them.

eric198375

View Profile
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:09 AM

Hey Arch,

Since blues is a style of music and no style of music is wrong, I see nothing wrong with loving the blues and being a Christian. And as we are human, we are open to experiencing every emotion under the sun. So it shouldn't matter whether its a happy blues tune or something not so positive. We are allowed to feel sad, angry, lonely and express those feelings. Its what we do for the Lord on our bad days that makes a difference.

Best blues shows I have seen: Clapton with the Randolph Family Band as the opening act followed in second by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

eric198375

View Profile
Guys, why does a woman's age matter?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 11:57 PM

Well, I wouldn't date a woman (make that a girl) 15 years younger than me because... well, I'm 26. But legally, I'm not rushing to meet 18 year old girls. There is quite a maturity gap between the average 18 year old and me.

I would go for a slightly older woman. I think 35 might be pushing it only because its likely that we would be at different life stages. I've never dated a 35 year old woman so I can't say from experience. Dating a 45 year old would be really weird - too close to my mom's age.

I would go for a woman 4 or 5 years older/younger than me though. Same age is fine too.

Page : 1 2 3 4