Author Thread
sunshine7770

View Profile
Any wondering minds?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:38 PM

God didn't choose for us to know everything otherwise He would have given us more than 66 books to read. You seem to have a sense of humor, so that could be a topic to discuss, did God have a sense of humor. In my opinion I believe He did. I enjoy good clean Christian humor as humor is always healing for the soul.

Yes, satin does have some power in this world because God tells us he is as a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour. So for us who are Christians we must be aware that there are those who are of satin who come in "sheeps clothing". However, for those who truely walk in God's Spirit daily, they will be the ones who have the discernmnet to know if any sheep have come in who are not of God.

sunshine7770

View Profile
down?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:20 PM

I would say the first thing to do would be to seek the Lord and take His Word and begin reading in the Psalms or Proverbs and keep a prayer as your read asking God to show you He is still there and you desire to feel and know His realness. He will answer you because I have been there many times during my lifetime and God has always proven to me He is real and is there for me or anybody else who seeks Him.

In fact just recently I was "down" because I am a widow living by myself and my daughter called to tell me how "down" she had been. Well after our conversation, I began to tell the Lord all about our problems. My prayer was, Lord, please show me you are still real and there for me and my family. Well, what an unexpected blessing, the very next day The Lord did show me He had not foresaken and He was real and there for us. He used other Christians in my life to show His realness to me. So, if He can do it for me, He will do it for you too.

Another thing you can do is try to be around positive people. People who are not always putting there problems on others.

Another thing which helps me when I get down is to listen to Gospel music. Before long, I have forgotten what got me down and return to a happier mode.

Hope this helps. God bless.

sunshine7770

View Profile
The Lamp (A True Story)
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting the story. It touched my heart and reminds me that when my children were small and would begin to complain about different problems we were facing (iexample: we were a military family of the 70's and had to be moving about every 3 yrs., and yes disruption of moving did crreate many problems) I would always remind them they should or could always look over theri shoulders and see or find another who was facing a worst problem then themselves. ( Now they are older and they still remember to do that when they are faced with a problem that seems all too big. praise the Lord).

My son is presently serving in the Marines and is getting ready to make his 2nd trip to the war. I can only leave him in the Hand of the Lord and pray, pray, pray for him as well as all of our othter serving our country.

thanks again for sharing this and may God continue to send His blessings to all of you. Thank God He Loves us all and gives us His Grace to handle the trials of this life.

sunshine7770

View Profile
# of courters
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 08:42 AM

I agree that the total friends you have or desire depends upon what you want and as a Christian, since the HS dwells within, He will definately reveal which one you ought to narrow down to.

for myself personally, I prefer not to have more than two because having too many may create a lot of confusion and I know God is not the author or confusiion. I do spend time praying for God's leading whenever I find I am beginning to like somebody seriously

Have a blessed day.

sunshine7770

View Profile
What does he really want???
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 08:33 AM

Hi, No, I'm not a guy, but, wanted to encourage you not to do what he wants. I agree the Holy Spirit is leading your spirit to do what is right. When I search for a guy, I read and reread their profiles, and look at where they may be spiritually and then I ask the Lord to help me and after I prary, if I feel God' s leading, I will begin to chat with them further and then continue asking for God to guide and lead me.

I am an older lady of 65 who is a widow after being married to a wonderful Christian for 36 years, but, I believe God would have me become a wife again someday. So, my family told me to seek out the christian cites. It's interesting what I have been finding. Believe it or not, many of them are seeking the wrong thing for example, not the true spiritual woman walking in the Spirit of the Lord, but, they seem to be looking for what they might have had at age 20.

I have been saved since age 14 and am not a desparate widow, and just seek the Will of the Lord for my life. My encouragement for you today would be to always keep the Lord as priority in you daily life and He will give you the desires of your heart and He will always direct your path to the one He has chosen for your life time partner. God Bless you. I trust my comments have encouraged you some. Romans 8:28

sunshine7770

View Profile
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 06:09 AM

I can relate to how you feel because I have had the same happen with me. When it did, at first I was very diappointed, but, then, as I took a moment for a deep breath, God reminded me how he made us to be so very different. There is a book called "Men are from Venus and woman from Mars. Not a Christin read, but helps in understanding the differences. I agree when you seem to be having a real great cionnection and they just don't respond back, it is only natural to begin to question why, and it can become very frustrating when they don't ever answer back.

What God has been showing me in regards to situations that arise such as this is to remember He gives us the desires of our hearts and it is best to be with one who is in agreement with the understanding of what God's Will is for you. This is not always learned overnight. So, because God does answer prayers, I have chosen to have a prayerful spirit when I get a connection, and then when I am possibly dropped like a "hot potato", I realize that one was not in God's Plans for my life and then I say "thank you Lord" and ask His continued guidance. Yes, initially, I do feel very sad when a nice fellow does that(drops me without explanation) but, I try my best:applause: not to dwell upon the rejection too long, and pick

up the pieces and press foreward asp.

I like that verse from God's Word where He tells us to Trust in Him amd He willl direct our paths. He will do that for you and all of us who are meeting people in cyber space. So I trust I have encouraged you not to give up and keep on keeping on with the Lord and one day, He will give you the desire of your heart. God bless.:angel: