Author Thread
oregonsben

View Profile
Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 09:46 AM

Look, like I mentioned before. God "GAVE" david multiple wives. Look it up. Yes my whole point is that it is not sin. Like is stated in my previous post.

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2018 09:12 AM

I agree with that statement. Discernment and prayer is extremely important. Thats why I put "chase" in quotation marks. To lustfully chase is not productive or a righteous act. However I would not be so quick as to add words to the Bible (Galatians 1:8) which I do not see when in fact the opposite occurs frequently instead. (King David was a man after God's own heart and had more than one wife that God "GAVE" to him). No, he, along with every man, is not perfect (he killed a man and stole an additional wife through murder as well which was wrong) I understand that. But that being said, it is simply not a sin to have two wives. I've done extensive studies on this subject. You would be "one flesh" with each of your wives. it is said that you are even with a "prostitute" (1 Corinthians 6:16).

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:36 PM

Also this:

Joyce, George (1933). Christian Marriage: An Historical and Doctrinal Study. Sheed and Ward. p. 560.

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:31 PM

I remember studying this years back cause I also thought it was ridiculous : ) Some Messianic Jews in fact did though not all of course. After a quick search just now I found this:

One rabbi says that a man may take as many wives as he can support (Raba, in Yeb. 65a). it was recommended that no one should marry more than four women (ib. 44a)

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:23 PM

I'm not saying that its wise for everyone to "chase" more than one woman. All I was saying is that in the entire Bible the only tow locations placing bans on this were once in the old testament regarding "multiplying wives" (1 x 1 is 1 (its adding) and examples for the Hebrew word is not adding its multiplying) and another in the new testament banning Pastors/Leaders to to considered on that basis. Other than that we have the rest of the bible with long lists of examples of which none were stated as wrong. The biblical description of Adultery is simply looking with lust at a Married woman or Marrying a divorced woman.

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 06:47 PM

No where in new testament does it say that it is not allowed. That is just what most churches teach. In fact, messianic Jews did have multiple wives after Jesus was crucified and the church was started.

oregonsben

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 01:16 PM

Men chasing more than one woman is not really being betrayed. God created men with that drive to "chase". Also, many examples of Godly men who had multiple wives in the Bible. And, no the new testament doesn't prohibit that either (Only for Pastors/Leaders does it).

Page : 1 2 3