Author Thread
i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Drama, Re-bounce Or True love ???
Posted : 15 Jun, 2012 02:45 AM

People can be a lot difrent in real life. It's easy to think you have meet some great person on line because they can pick and chose to show you the parts they chose. It takes time to really get to know some one. I can't see how you can love some one you haven't even meet. To me that's just people getting caught up in the moment. You can be infatuated by some one. You can desire them. But love isn't just about desire. It's being there when its not fun and exciting. Any one can be nice and seam like they will be there for you. But give it time and they will show you there flaws. There is no perfect person out there. But if you take your time and get to know them you before you get your heart invested you will have a better success rate.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Farewell adress
Posted : 4 Sep, 2011 12:26 AM

Best wishes for you and your faimly. May you find some one that will help make you feel compleat and apreacated.

God keep and bless you Robbie

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
How come i can find any Friendhsip sites online?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2011 05:01 PM

vwitcher it is wonderful that you do not feel you need some one to make you happy, but are you closed to the idea? What if you found some one that you felt really connected to? Some one you could spend hours with and it felt like minuets?

I'm just wondering what was the life experiences that brought you to this decision? Have you dated before? Have you been in love?

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Things not going well with BF
Posted : 14 Aug, 2011 09:56 AM

Sorry I'm a bit confused about your story :excited:

Any ways from the sounds of it things might have moved too fast? It takes a long time to get to know some one well enough to say we should get mairred. After all marriage should be a life long commitment.

After a few month I don't understand the part about counseling. Once again too much too fast. Instead of screwtanizing and trying to mold the relationship, let things unfold naturally over time. Have fun with each other with out all the pressure it sounds like has been added. Go out on walks. Do silly fun dates and stop trying to rush things. You want to rush it because of wanting the security of marriage. He wants sex so will go along with marriage. Both are the wrong reasons to get mairred. You need to build the foundation before adding a house. If not in time your house will crumble.

My best wishes for you and him. Just take it slow!!

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
This is what I think
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 12:43 AM

Sorry to hear about your experiences with one line dating. I tried it years ago and meet a lot of strange guys. So you might not be mission out on much. But the one thing that I think makes on line dating harder then real life is that many men feel like a kid in a candy store. There are just so many woman to choose from. Or so do they think. But from the sounds of it a lot are still searching. So I think they would be smarter to put more time into growing an actual relationship with one lady, then chase after all the ones they think they can get.

Also an other thing might be if you might be moving too fast for them. Men get scared off easy. While women have plans and like to have a set path, men like to take it slow. Well in the progression of the relationship. Especially if they have had bad experiences or have been hurt in the past.

My advice to you or any one trying out the one line dating scene would be pick some one close by. Talk for a bit but don't say you are dating till you meet. Then meet them in a public place as soon as you can. Trust me you don't want to build up some image of how they will be over a long period of time. Chances are very high that they will be much different then the persona they put forth on line.

Any way best of wishes for you and your adventure. May you meet some one nice and right for you soon.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Perfection and socety
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 01:00 AM

Awe rabbit32, don't dispare. You can't please every one any ways. Just be your self. Some will apreacate you and some won't. But in the end it doesn't really matter. As long as you try your best that's all that counts right.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
What don't you like about some girls on this site...
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 12:47 AM

Kaynine! :eat:

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Perfection and socety
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 12:08 AM

Jason what you say is true. People should not put so much focus on looks and status. But to say that looks dont matter would be a lie. After all you your self must care about how a woman looks. If not why do you have your age set from 18-35? You are 34. What if some nice lady wants to contact you but she is 36? Or even 40? The only reason I can think of would because you find younger ladies more attractive then older ones. Oh and don't pull out the " I want to be able to have children" card. My good friend is 36 and just had a baby.

The truth is we ALL care about looks. Some make it more of a priority then others. There is nothing wrong with being with some one you find attractive. The problem arises when it's all you care about.

One thing I have noticed is that people are quick to call the people that are not attracted to them shallow. But they them selves are trying to date those people because they are attracted to them. They refuse to date some one less atractive but cut down the ones they can not have.

If you expect others to not be shallow then set a good example. A good start is to move your age settings much higher. Leave the 18 year olds along and find a women.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Who's the Boss
Posted : 24 Jul, 2011 01:46 AM

Not really that exciting to watch elderly folk attempt to play the game of cat and mouse. But if that floats your boat have at it. Just let us know when the weding or restraining order comes into play. That will be a lot more along the lines of entertainment.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
Looks
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 03:09 AM

You are 51 but you set your age wanted from 40-53. If you are willing to date 9 years younger but only two years older I would guess that to be because of looks. You don't see as many older women you find attractive as you do younger ones. Nothing wrong with that. I my self have and would only date a couple of years older or younger. That's what I personally am attracted to.

As much as we like to pretend that looks are not important we can't really get away from it. It's just a part in being a human. Not that that should be the most important thing. But it is a part of what makes us decide on some one.

Dating sites are even harder then real life. Unless your really good looking. Then you get lots of guys bugging you till you change your picture to a cute kitty ;)

But really unless some one is on the forums all they have to go on is some ones looks. How do you search? You set it to the places in your area. Then the age groupe you find exceptable and you search. What makes you even click on there profile? How they look, right? So if your not the better looking ones they don't usaly even look.

In person you have a better chance because they can fall in love with you because of your personality. But if you keep posting in the forums a lady might notice you that way. But if your picky also you might just end up with no one.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10