Author Thread
b2therizz0

View Profile
I got a question for women about women ...
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 03:34 PM

Well, personally I have self esteem issues myself. I've had my heart broken a bunch of times. I don't think she was a shallow person at all. The time I spent talking to her, I got the distinct impression that she wouldn't stand in front of a mirror all day long. She was pretty, but I don't want that to be the only reason for me to make contact with her. I fight daily with the iniquity that I was born with. I liked the things she said about herself and as we got to talking, I liked those things more. She deleted her account once we started talking on the phone (maybe in anticipation of what would eventually come about) and I didn't actually pull up her page while we were emailing, so I kinda forgot what she looked like.

I just can't understand why someone who never told me to call her everynight, who told me she had family things she was working on for the upcoming month, who lived 2 states away from me, and who I had sent around 50 emails and called 6 to 7 times over around a 3 week period would think I was leading her on because I wouldn't admit that she was pretty when I had never actually seen her face to face ...

b2therizz0

View Profile
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 01:32 PM

Thanks for the tip, I figured it was something like that but was caught off guard by the question, especially since I try so hard not to let my "eyes" make my decisions for me. And when I tried to explain that to her, it was already too late.

The problem is that I can't understand why she thought that I was wasting her time and leading her on after almost 2 months of emailing/talking. No one in their right mind (that being the operative term) will go to such lengths just to string someone on.

Any other tips ...

b2therizz0

View Profile
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 11:30 AM

So I got to ask the women out there, I'm wondering if I handled a situation incorrectly that happened to me a couple days ago. I had been emailing a women who lived a little ways away from for a month or so. We started talking on the phone maybe a couple of weeks (3 or 4) around 2 times a week. Now she mentioned during our email sessions that she had some family things that she was doing and my job sometimes causes me to work lots of overtime, so we didn't talk everynight. And I'm just taking things slow. We were making plans to meet during some vacation time I had coming up.

Ok, so she asks me the other day if I thought she was pretty. I gotta be honest and say that her pictures she posted on her page were a little fuzzy or taken from faraway. But I thought that things she said in her profile and what pictures she did post, that there was enough potential to try and make initial contact.

So, I didn't really know how to reply to her asking if I thought she was pretty. So I fumbled over some answer that was basically "We'll see when me meet" ... I'm mean, I'm being cautious ramping up my feelings about someone that I've never met. I'm trying not to get my heart broken. Plus, as a Christian, I'm trying not to make decisions with my eyes only.

Okay, so then she tells me to stop leading her on and wasting her time. This after I have around 50 emails from her. How am I wasting her time? How can she say something like this? I mean she never told me to call her everyday? I mean, how should I have handled this?

Page : 1 2