Author Thread
Hikerchic

View Profile
Am I allowed to be honest?
Posted : 1 Jun, 2018 04:39 PM

It is Gods will that we be honest, continue to be who you are with the holly spirit as your guide and God will take care of the rest. Rejection from something you know to be right is not rejection its holly spirit filtering those who are either not ready or willing. God Bless

Hikerchic

View Profile
Very confused about this site
Posted : 12 Mar, 2018 05:13 PM

Wow, I didn't even know you could block people who haven't been favorited. I think people do that because there are so many scammers on here, but cdff is really good at finding them kicking them off for the most part. I'm just happy to meet another Christian although that definition can get a little broader than I like some times around her. At any rate hope that God blesses you with what your looking for.

Hikerchic

View Profile
Being Pursued
Posted : 18 Feb, 2018 09:01 PM

Being pursued to me would be more a lot of little things. Some men present like it is a competition to win a ladies heart and buy all the flowers and chocolates ect. For me he would have to take the time to get to know me and to reveal his true self to me. Dare to confide and talk without trepidation. Expressing his love of God is huge. Little things like a walk. Instead of planning a date how about a mini adventure...laughter and joy is very attractive as are smiles and humor.

Hikerchic

View Profile
A little discernment here please
Posted : 18 Feb, 2018 06:16 PM

Thanks Otis :) (Note to self grumpy men with stinky socks are real :) . I get what your saying. There is honesty in that because if we are really being real, we all have a stinky, rude side. I think its best to put your best foot forward but a "perfect" man always puts my red flag up.

Hikerchic

View Profile
Affirmation
Posted : 16 Feb, 2018 05:28 PM

I agree with affirmation for men. Men who have received affirmation just function better , women as well but I think that women get a lot of affirmation from each other and usually the men in our lives know that is expected of them, I don't think it is the same for men, I think affirmation for men is fewer and farther in between and they are not going to ask for it. I am single so the affirmation of the men in my life is extended to my sons, brothers and friends. My sons I give a lot of encouragement for a job well done or a situation well handled or just to remind them how very special they are to me. My friends, I just try to be mindful of expressing my thankfulness for them and the ways they touch my life. I also like encourage their walk by highlighting their competence, compassion and intelligence when ever possible... but sometime I definitely could do a much better job. Thank you for post.

Hikerchic

View Profile
Posted : 15 Feb, 2018 05:47 PM

Thank you so much for your input, all very good points :)

Hikerchic

View Profile
Posted : 14 Feb, 2018 03:32 PM

Yes , I completely agree, unfortunately those are things that most scammers or perpetrators are probably aware of and can put on a good show, for a while at any rate. There is a level of transparency that I also believe a believer, male or female, single or married has. It not something that shows weakness or asks for pity, instead it is an expression of love for our brothers and sisters by reflecting Christ's love by exposing our flaws and how Jesus used those flaws to refine us and continues to do so daily.

Hikerchic

View Profile
Posted : 13 Feb, 2018 04:44 PM

Thank you much for your response. Yes I agree..fruit cannot grow from a dead tree. God Bless

Hikerchic

View Profile
Posted : 10 Feb, 2018 06:33 AM

What would be the attributes of a scammer or predator on a dating sight out side of the obvious stuff. Men can be really good at telling women what they want to hear and we can be very vulnerable too. How do we tell the difference between being told what we want to hear and a man speaking from his heart. On the flip side what should be the top qualities a Christian man would or should present with and how do we tell the difference.

Hikerchic

View Profile
At your leisure, ladies, I'd appreciate a profile review...
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 05:15 PM

My advice is to be you !!! If you have opinions you want to share, share them :) . There is really no point in not being you right ? Then you might end up attracting someone who wouldn't even like you !! :) . We are all different, I like informative profiles, it helps me to get to know someone even if its just a bit, before I actually message them or respond to a message from them. If I'm not feeling any clarity about that persons beliefs or interests, I will probably just keep scrolling ...but maybe that's just me...

Page : 1 2