Author Thread
GraceMae

View Profile
What are some of the things men do that kill a relationship?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 06:35 PM

Another thing..... well, lets face it... we're brown, yellow, white, black on here. If we're seeking friendship first, then try a little tendernesss! You can't seek a "marraige partner" or "long term relationship" without being friends first. Act like you really want to know the *inner* person, not the color or*exterior* photo you see that really doesn't represent the spirit in that person. To look at a picture and say "that's the one for me" .... well, whoa... WHOA... are you gonna be in for a surprise when you figure out *looks* don't make the package a good deal! Many men and women make that mistake more often than not. Then they realize the *one they left behind* was it!

Men... take time to learn about women. Don't focus just on the color or physical appearance, however there should be a physical appeal that draws you to a female for a hopeful intimate relationship, BUT!!! we ARE all out here hoping to be compatible friends with you. You must consider this and not just look to that special intimate relationship. Life ain't going no faster than our Lord allows us. So take life slow, no hurry, no worries.

Oh well... I had time to think on some more stuff... just sharing. I'm enjoying my time in the forums!! :yay:

GraceMae

View Profile
What are some of the things men do that kill a relationship?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 11:03 AM

Well, bcpianogal gave some pretty precise and accurate scenarios that fit the bill to *kill a relationship*.

Also, once I see a profile that appears the man knows how to communicate in writing, which by the way is very appealing to me.... then sends a message that's doesn't show he can communicate at all. Thats like copying something to put in your profile, then you send a message that's super short, mis-spelling everywhere, and you only want my phone number or say I'm pretty? OR lets get off of CDFF site and use some other means. The man wants to appear being intellectual, caring, communicative, but then when the real interaction begins, it's not there. Some women have already written about fraud (not who you say you are) in these profiles. And, I'm not saying a man has to have 15 degrees or anything, but be as equally sharing in private messaging as you are publicly sharing your profile which is supposed to reflect who you really are.

GraceMae

View Profile
What's wrong with my profile?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 08:44 PM

Hey photoc4js,

Couple things, just from reading your profile just now, I KNOW why women 40+ seem to contact you more... you've got it going on! What most older *mature* women want in a male friend or serious relationship is someone with your profile credentials. Take honor to that. Be complimented by it. Some younger women may not be able to appreciate the qualities you opened up about yourself, so take heart, and just continue to be you here. Befriend those people who are befriending you. You never know who they know!

As far as viewing your profiles ... I suspect that maybe many are looking at you but have NO "Allow a member to see that I viewed their profile". I mean that is an option that we all have. So we may be looking at you and not sure yet we want you to know we're looking at you... strange but that's the way we observe and evaluate you.

We as women want the man to initiate(usually, AND those that have *pure* motives), and in trying not to appear desperate here, are hopeful in waiting on you to make the first move. (A little weird... many may view this site as go for what you know, being assertive, aggressive... and on an on... )

For me, I may see a profile, and I see genuine-ness and something authentic about it that makes me feel good, like that's a person I want to know, yet not necessarily if it's a man, be attracted to him for a serious relationship outside of friendship, so there are two sides to building relationships here. Those we look at to be friends with (both men and women) and those we want a deeper relationship with (like dating/marraige). Both types require time conversing to know if either will last.

For those that you wink or send a message to, well... keep going. Pray that God will bring nice women and men friends to you here that you can share with and still be transparent with without loosing who you are. Hope you are encouraged and enlightened at the same time. *GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Do I have the word "Sucker" written on my forehead? Sure does seem like it...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 08:11 PM

Nk... Use this site to get to know "you" again. Know that you have something to offer. You aren't really dating here but exchanging personalities and with spiritual eyes, taking the time to see as you go along if the people you are "meeting" are really who they *write* they are. I agree with the others that you can learn new things here. People through the various forums ask and answer questions that are pretty informative. That in line with what you know about the Word of God will teach you. The spirit of God in you will help you be discerning about the people you *meet* here and to know what and when to divulge to whom. It'll come easy, but it will take a practiced discipline and control (your part) to not take things too far too soon. Just like *in-person* relationships. Don't set expectations on people here and you are less likely to get disappointed. Scripture tells us to "guard your heart with all discipline, for out of it comes the issues of life".... Be blessed and continue to pray for the Lord to guide you and let you be a blessing to someone else here. *GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Adam Lambert
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 10:38 PM

Well... I wasn't pleased by his latest performances over the last week at the awards. A little bit over the top for public national TV don't you think? During AI, he didn't project that much of him being gay, but afterwards, he didn't hold anything back. As he's said over numerous interviews he's no "babysitter" and the point of there being a "double-standard" when women have performed/enterained quite luidly and no "shock" from the news, well there shouldn't be an issue? Wrong. I didn't see the awards show, however the news and internet showed me enough to know he just did whatever he wanted to do with no regard for who might be watching and at what level of acceptance people may or may not have been with what he did. His performance was spontaneous, OR was it planned that way all along?

GraceMae

View Profile
Lovely Ladies of CDFF
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 10:00 PM

Well... I tried to extend myself but can't. Can't send her a message, her criteria is set for 26-40... that excludes me!

Ok Convertme1982 if you see this shoot me a message back... I'm here.

Page : 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70