Author Thread
777pyromaniac

View Profile
Any one out there
Posted : 26 May, 2018 07:05 PM

I'd advise the same, cast it at the feet of God. He hears and He will guide you.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
ARE THERE REALLY HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY MEN STILL AVAILABLE?!
Posted : 26 May, 2018 07:02 PM

There are a few of us, and most of us are wondering if there are any good women out there who are seeking after God and looking for a man who's trying to do the same.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
The Grave Robber, by Mark Batterson
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:21 PM

We're doing a study on this one at church. Anybody read it? I really like it so far.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
Single Dad. It's not easy.
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:15 PM

Nothing but respect for single moms. That said, I know I'm not the only single dad on here, and that comes with a different set of challenges, especially if you don't have sons. I love my daughter, I just usually have no clue what I'm doing.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
So many emails no response!
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:10 PM

I usually respond, unless I'm just really not interested (which is rare). I welcome emails. I want to get to know people, even if not romantically, without having to go out to social encounters (because as an introvert that's torture to me).

777pyromaniac

View Profile
brother's and sister's
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:06 PM

I don't mind it. In my circle of friends, we often call each other "brother" and "sister". I can see how some people might get a little weirded out by it, but it doesn't bother me. I have a good friend from Brazil who calls me "irmao", which means "brother".

777pyromaniac

View Profile
Just an observation...
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:03 PM

Part of the reason I enjoy online platforms such as this is that I like getting to know people from other areas. I am originally from a rural area in the US that is geographically inaccessible for most people and has remained isolated culturally.

That said, I tend to be the one putting forth a lot of the effort at connecting over a long distance,and sometimes I get self-conscious sometimes about coming across as desperate.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
Deal breaker
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 08:58 PM

Deal-breakers for me:

not a Christian

supporting Donald Trump

profiles with a lot of spelling and/or grammatical errors (though I will give a lot of leeway for somebody whose native language isn't English, and as a speaker of four languages I know how to spot that)

Snapchat filters

being married

headlines like "Ruth looking for her Boaz" (It's not my job to redeem you. You're your own person, and probably pretty awesome, so I'd like for you to be able to stand on your own two feet.)

misspelled words (I know I said it already, but as a speaker of English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish, if I can type without many spelling errors in 4 languages you can do so in one).

a lack of openness to other cultures and ethnicity (especially since you're probably a different ethnicity from me)

a gossipful personality

trying to change me because you don't like my personality or hobbies going into the relationship

expecting me to make my daughter the #2 priority in my life and elevating you above her

777pyromaniac

View Profile
An age question
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 08:47 PM

I think biologically, it's an innate desire to procreate, but also a reaction to societal norms. Me personally, I'm open to anybody around my age (within a year or two older than me) or younger. I don't really have a type beyond Christian, female, 18-40ish. That's been my type since I was 18.

777pyromaniac

View Profile
Intro...
Posted : 17 Apr, 2018 08:06 PM

Hey all!

I'm Scott. I'm 40 years old, divorced, born and raised in Virginia, USA. One daughter (will be 13 in a couple months). Ethnicity: Melungeon (a little-known group found in one tiny corner of the USA, that is thought to be a mix of European, African, Turkish, and Amerindian). Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese. Education: two university degrees in Foreign Studies & French Literature (with 11 more classes I could have two additional degrees in History and Spanish Linguistics). Occupation: Sales (a couple of business ventures coming soon that I am very excited about). Pets: currently 3 cats and a golden retriever. Interests: fishing, food, music, travel.

I am what I consider an antidenominational Christian. I don't like denomination because it's about man's opinion, rather than what the Bible says. I currently attend a Pentecostal-influenced non-denominational church that I love.

Page : 1 2