Author Thread
myhopeisgod08

View Profile
How come no one responds to me, Am I that bad?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 10:03 PM

What Tulip said!

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
When to pursue?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 04:23 PM

I agree with joeysings.. Some women are looking to fill a void in this area of their lives and will be flirtatious for the attention, affirmation that they desire.

I am also with joey in that I am careful not to lead anyone on in that aspect.

Sorry your heart was bruised. It is not a reflection on you though. Hang in there.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
How come no one responds to me, Am I that bad?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2011 04:20 PM

One thing I have learned from this online venue is not to take things so personally. I think what you are experiencing is quite common and in no way a reflection on you and what you have to offer.

Everyone has their preferences and their own ideas of what is beautiful.

Also, I used to always send a reply to all my messages until I started to get harassed by those who I had sent a "thank you for the message, blessings to you as you seek His choice". This may be the experience as well to some of the women you have been contacting..

Blessings to you and keep your chin up.. "Love is patient"

Melissa

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Thank You
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 06:04 PM

Just something that has been on my heart the past few days... Wanted to thank all of you who serve and for the great sacrifices you make so that we can enjoy this thing called freedom.

It is a difficult path you follow and one far too under appreciated.

Thank you.

Melissa

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Curious to know your opinions
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 08:50 PM

@Elisa- It is under "Mail preference".

You need to provide your outside email address and check the box for " Send me an email when I have received a private message from another member"

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Giving a woman your phone number...?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 05:09 PM

haha. well thanks for your honesty tulip. I guess I'm just used to other way around.

And just so everyone knows...

Both did not give me their numbers on the first contact. In both cases we had charred via email and IM.

I did call the last one (with my # blocked) and I survived. lol

Guess it's just me over analyzing again ;p

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 07:09 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Giving me a new perspective.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 07:00 AM

Gee thanks two sparrows... as if this whole dating thing werent stressful enough. haha.

I am now seeing the benefit of having the number given.. easier to maintain privacy (with being able to control who see's my number).

I guess it;s the whole calling the guy thing. I just have never been that type. I guess it goes along with the whole being pursued thing and not wanting to be the pursuer.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 06:55 AM

Thanks ... I guess I should have mentioned that in my post.. The phone numbers weren't given in a first contact. Although, I have had that experience in the past. Geesh. Online dating.. Good times. lol

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 05:16 AM

Hi guys, I have been here a short while and already have some interesting tales to tell..

In the few weeks that I have been here I have had two men give me their phone numbers (without me asking).I know this is the virtual world and things work a little differently than IRL, but I am rather traditional in my thinking.

I think the man should be the pursuer. Because of the nature of this medium, I will sometimes initiate communication. I prefer to chat via email/IM for a bit before talking on the phone. And even than I don;t do the calling (I obviously do return calls..)

In both cases I have thanked the men for offering their numbers to me and have explained why I wouldn;t be making the initial phone call.

I have a point here somewhere. lol...

I quess what Im asking is, have you done this here or IRL? What are your thoughts on the initial phone contact thing? Shouldn;t men ask for a woman's number?

Melissa

Page : 1 2 3 4