Author Thread
TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
star signs
Posted : 25 Oct, 2016 10:53 PM

as�tron�o�my

əˈstr�nəmē/Submit

noun

the branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.

as�trol�o�gy

əˈstr�ləjē/Submit

noun

the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world.

synonyms: horoscopy; horoscopes

A distinct difference - and just a LITTLE poison is still dangerous. js

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
star signs
Posted : 25 Oct, 2016 10:50 PM

Laura:

You said [way back in 2009] the following about guys having their star signs on their profiles....

"Star signs and the such i feel are all part of witchcraft which is nothing at all to do with jesus or christianity i just find it really odd i guess it just depends how deep into your faith you are."

I believe that it depends more on what one's convictions are and possibly what one understands them to mean.

1) The Holy Spirit is the convicter - not us.

I'm not sure it's right to say "how deep into your faith you are" because it is at least POSSIBLE someone has simply not been convicted OR has a struggle WITH such things. We all have a sin that so easily besets us.

2) Astrology is NOT Astronomy

There is a difference. I read one person's comment [the beginning of it at least] that essentially said it's all the same.

as�trol�o�gy əˈstr�ləjē/ noun

the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world. synonyms: horoscopy; horoscopes

as�tron�o�my əˈstr�nəmē/ noun

the branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.

There IS a distinct difference, and hopefully a little information will help folks see that.

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 11:03 AM

and a great 2 cents it is Sweetheart!

I can say from experience it is NOT a good idea..... not if they SAY they are getting divorced, not if they are already separated, not even if they have already begun proceedings.

Trust me - the odds are stacked HEAVILY against anyone in such situations. And like MLTHOMAS said, there is healing to be had! My ex was engaged 30 days after our court date and married within 2 months of THAT! ---- ahem, he's on #5!

smh - be wise Honey. {{{hugs}}}

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 10:12 AM

and a great 2 cents it is Sweetheart!

I can say from experience it is NOT a good idea..... not if they SAY they are getting divorced, not if they are already separated, not even if they have already begun proceedings.

Trust me - the odds are stacked HEAVILY against anyone in such situations. And like MLTHOMAS said, there is healing to be had! My ex was engaged 30 days after our court date and married within 2 months of THAT! ---- ahem, he's on #5!

smh - be wise Honey. {{{hugs}}}

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 10:09 AM

:ROFL:

:applause:

:yay:

oh my! love it!

and ladies, he's concerned about his spelling and grammar and all THAT! Ladies? I hope you are paying attention here! Sounds like an educated man - who loves God and has the right idea about relationships................

:hearts:

:peace:

:angel:

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 10:01 AM

WOW! EXCELLENT advice Mike! I couldn't have said it better. And hopefully the original poster saw it - coming from a MAN, it means a lot too! I really can't say much else - I appreciate your answer and I am encouraged to hear there are still men out there that feel this way.

DLyn

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
star signs
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 09:32 AM

Ummm, that is astronomy Hon - not astrology. There is a difference. See divination and sorcery and ohhh IDK - there are other words to search online: " ----- " in the Bible or in Scripture... you'll find 'em. :)

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
star signs
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 09:12 AM

Ummm, that is astronomy Hon - not astrology. There is a difference. See divination and sorcery and ohhh IDK - there are other words to search online: " ----- " in the Bible or in Scripture... you'll find 'em. :)

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
star signs
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 10:48 AM

Well, GOD created the heavens; that includes the stars and constellations created by those stars. However, we are not to USE His creation for unholy purposes!

I thought the dating sites include them automatically... but I'm not sure why they WOULD except that proclaiming to be "CHRISTIAN" does not always mean one IS a born-again believer in Christ Jesus. We've all heard, by now, the saying that sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car! I'll leave it there.

There do seem to be some traits that tend to be true of people born in certain times though. I'm not sure that is a BAD thing tno study, but I'd be leery of it myself.

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2010 07:05 AM

ABSOLUTELY TRUE MIKE: And I can say that from experience! If you don't have a divorce decree, you are still married! Even after you are divorced, as another responder indicated, you MUST HAVE A HEALED HEART first! I say must, but I spose if you want to continue to get into relationships just to be in one, you will regret not waiting! Also from experience.

Breathe girl! Really.Take time for YOU. Draw closer to God and let HIM bring you a husband ...of HIS choosing. :) It's NOT easy - I"m not about to suggest it is! But you can do it.

Page : 1 2