Author Thread
FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 11:55 AM

Cobbler said:

Twosparrows: You are correct about the Mormon theology. There is only one truth that FlyinHigh will accept and that is his own.

Fly said:

No he isn't and youre an intolerant religious bigot as well. Fact of the matter is the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints accept Jesus as the son of God. BTW you are intellectually dishonest as well COBBLER, what you do is called CHERRY PICKING and it is dishonest and manipulative.

cobbler said:

I think you should add a bit of wisdom to your knowledge and follow Proverbs 26:4 (NASB) Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.

Fly said:

COBBLER you are the one that posted nonsense about martial art and you got taken to task for it. Sweeping Generalizations in the martial arts show your lack of experience and knowledge of the subject matter. That is dishonest to make assumptions on things you have zero experience in. Korean martial arts such as hapkido and kuk sool are not in the category of tae kwon do and tang soo do. Therefore your assumption of:

COBBLER SIAD:

Korea and Japan style of martial arts tend to focus on the fighting, so their styles tend to focus on strength and really hurting people.

Fly said:

Is a complete lie. For yet another example, AIKIDO was founded by O'SENEI a man who was five feet tall. The art is based on leverage and not STRENGTH or HURTING PEOPLE. AIDKIDO IS JAPANESE. Hapkido (KOREAN) is based on many of the same principles of as AIKDIDO with leverage for locking and folding being primary deterrents to an attack.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 12:22 AM

2shallow said:

Flyinhigh,

Post Script ~ I just realized I am looking past the subject into the deeper reason you answer the way you do.... You probably will not be able to answer the previous questions honestly, so forget them. Let me make this easy on you:

Fly said:

Intellectual dishonesty again? Reductio ad absurdeum. As is the same with all your nonsense and religious bigotry.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 05:49 PM

2sparrows

"by your logic all mormons think they are going to be gods,"

No, not by my logic, but by Mormon Doctrine : Not all Mormons will be gods, only those who attain the to the 3rd celestial kingdom through the laws and ordinances. Of course you would know this if you took the time to educate yourself, instead of defending your pride at all costs, even the at the cost of the truth.

Fly says

Not by doctrine, not possible if they follow KJV. So the mormons I studdied with teach right out of the KJV. What you have done so many times is make a SWEEPING GENERALIZION. That is intellectual dishonesty and you are guilty of it over and over.

2sparrows

And that was only the first sentence of your post. If I thought you were sincere I would continue, but you clearly are not educated in Mormon Theology and have no desire to be.

Fly says

That is known as an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY, another tenant of INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY. In sociology APPEALS to a higher authority are used by serial criminals to remove responsibility from their crimes.

2Sparrows

Further more you deduce since statesmen are Mormon it must be good, reveals you to be a believer in relative truth, not absolute truth. Therefore why even discuss with you further?

Fly says:

I said comparative analysis. This is not deductive reasoning. What you have done is assemble a STRAW MAN argument. Another tenant of INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 02:42 PM

2sparrows said:

So if I post a list of US statemen who support abortion, gay rights or secretly practice homosexuality or pedophilia or tax evasion,is that a Goodhousekeeping Seal of Approval .....after all isn't that the argument you make?

Fly says:

So by your logic all mormons think they are going to be gods, yet you refuse to ask anyone on the list if they think they are going to become a god. That would surely debunk your bigoted and intolerant views and sweeping generalizations would it not? BTW intellectual dishonesty FOR THE SECOND time is you using logical FALLACIES such as SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS. That is what you do and have made a false accusation of me doing. You have done it several times, does that mean you are doing it on purpose or you just have not learned was the term means yet?

2Sparrows said:

Smoke and Mirrors

Fly said:

You refused to answer if you believe catholics are chirstian either since they started christmas and the KJV said not to adorn christmas trees with decorations as I have posted previously. So do you practice christmas or not?

2sparrows said:

Stay with the facts, we are discussing if Mormon doctrine agreeing with Christian doctrine, not about statesmen

Fly said:

Statesmen that are mormon is perfectly on point and you know it because it gives you researchable figures to draw a comparative analysis to.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
Evenly Yoked
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 09:28 PM

Chevy Said:

Fly---- You got that Right! I wonder why Misery can't just stand alone and not have a need to want others to share with?

chevy

Fly says:

Misery loves company because it wants to spread like a virus. Misery is a tool of the devil to hurt you and make you wallow in self torture until you crack, it can only live if it grows and spreads.

It took me a few days but I think that is a viable answer.

Cheers

Fly

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 07:30 PM

2sparrows:

Ok, FlyinHigh,

At first I was sympathic since you did not have the same reference material as I. However I have surfed the web and in a few minutes realized there is enough material available to you, to know you are as ignorant as you want to be, thereore I will no longer hinder you in your pursuit of ignorance.

Fly said:

You lied and disqualified yourself from any rational debate at the point you pulled nonsense out of the air and tried to pass it off as intellectual debate. I supplied a list of statesmen in the US house and Senate of the mormon faith that debunk the wild accusations you are attempting to make. Shame on you for attempting to perpetuate a lie.

Just to further add injury to insult 2sparrows, in order to get a degree in the state of NV you have to take a class in nevada history and constitution. Mormons are discussed in detail as they are a part of the west and some of the original settlers. Seems to me you have painted yourself into the corner of religious bigotry and intolerance. Disgusting.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 05:37 PM

2 sparrow:

FlyinHigh,

...insane, huh?

Fly said:

Yes you are an insane zealot.

US senators:

Robert Bennett (R-Utah) since 1993 replaced by Mike Lee

Michael Crapo (R-Idaho) since 1999

Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) since 1977

Harry Reid (D-Nevada) since 1987

Read on

Gordon Smith (R-Oregon) since 1997

Representatives:

Robert Bishop (R-Utah) since 2003

Leonard Boswell (D-Iowa) since 1997

Christopher Cannon (R-Utah) since 1997

John Doolittle (R-California) since 1991

Jeff Flake (R-Arizona) since 2001

Dean Heller (R-Nevada) since 2007

Walter Herger (R-California) since 1987

James Matheson (D-Utah) since 2001

Howard McKeon (R-California) since 1993

Michael Simpson (R-Idaho) since 1999

Thomas Udall (D-New Mexico) since 1999

None of these mormon people think they are God nor do they think Jesus was anything but the son of God.

Robert Bennett (R-Utah) since 1993

Michael Crapo (R-Idaho) since 1999

Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) since 1977

Harry Reid (D-Nevada) since 1987

Read on

* Mormon Church Calls New Apostle

* The Muslim Mormon Connection

* Are Mormons Christian?

Gordon Smith (R-Oregon) since 1997

Representatives:

Robert Bishop (R-Utah) since 2003

Leonard Boswell (D-Iowa) since 1997

Christopher Cannon (R-Utah) since 1997

John Doolittle (R-California) since 1991

Jeff Flake (R-Arizona) since 2001

Dean Heller (R-Nevada) since 2007

Walter Herger (R-California) since 1987

James Matheson (D-Utah) since 2001

Howard McKeon (R-California) since 1993

Michael Simpson (R-Idaho) since 1999

Thomas Udall (D-New Mexico) since 1999

I hope you don't read comic books and think aliens are using them to send messages to barry obama.

Now you can go through the list above and show me any of these men who think they are god, practice polygyny, or deny Jesus as the son of God.

Convenents yeah read it

book of mormon yeah read it

Nothing in there about becoming god. They speak of being in the light with God. So as a matter of fact you poisoned the well again and lied about mormons and their doctrine and what their doctrine contains.

2sparrows:

Are you tried of getting stung yet?

Fly said:

A grade school taunt known as argument by slogan, FAIL AGIAN. You are as bad as an atheist who has only read arguments against the bible yet never studied the word with the annointed.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
Is it possible to have a 50 and older section in the Chat Forum and the Live Chat?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 04:27 PM

No, because then you wouldn't be in the 40's with me anymore!

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 03:43 PM

2 said:

FlyinHigh,

Your last post has proven you to be intellectualy dishonest.

Fly said:

Prove it. Unsubstantiated rants are childish, so is poisoning the well without naming your source.

2 said:

I don't care for the KJV, for no other reason than the old english doesn't flow for me and It doesn't take into consideration the dead sea scrolls and other recently discovered information.

Fly said:

KJV is the standard for modern Christianity. Without King James there would be no modern version. He set the defection from the catholic church in motion.

2sparrow said:

As for the Mormon church : They believe God once was a man like you and I. He now lives on the planet circling to star Colob with his wife, has sex to make spirit babies for the pre-existence to occupy babies born to men. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers. They believe if you are a good Mormon you will become a God, create your own universe and earth, send your own savior, have a wife have sex to make your own spirit babies etc....

Fly said;

Youre insane. They do not believe anything of the sort. They believe in the FATHER< SON and Holy ghost. Have you been to a mormon church and studied with them? If you have not, you are operating on heresay. Would you condemn a man without first hearing both sides of the story and investigating it personally?

2sparrow:

(I tried to be nice in my last post to give you a way out. But ole pride has raised its ugly head)

Fly said:

Ad hominem attacks such as the ones you have tried to use are weak and show a lack of understand on how to use language and or the meaning of language and symbolism.

Ad hominem personal attack.

BTW:

Itellectual dishonesty is using the fallacies I have listed and brought to your attention in hopes you will not repeat them. That is the definition of intellectual dishonesty. Apparently you don't have an understanding of that or what it entails. You may want to start with basic mathematics and work your way up to critical thinking.

FlyinHigh

View Profile
The martial arts
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 02:23 PM

dgrimentor said:

any one who believes in taking more than one wife does not folow the word. No the Mormans are not christians as jehovohs witness and several other off groups. These groups openly preach another gospel and add too the word.

Fly said:

That is a stereotype. Polygyny was outlawed in 1890 by mormons. That is 120 years ago, how long to you intend to punish people for that?

dgrimentor said:

jesus warned of such people. if an angel comes to you and brings another gospel that is not of jesus you are not to accept it.

Fly said:

By your logic catholocism is false. For your information ALL christianity comes from catholicism. Without King James there would be no protestant church, I suggest you read the history of why the protestant church began.

dgrimentor said:

The founder of islam just like Joseph Smith was appoarched by a fallen angel.

Fly said:

Youre comparing a sect of christianity to islam? Youre using a circumstantial ad hominem with a special pleading...

dgrimentor said:

I am shocked that any so called believer could be so beguiled flying high. Mormons believe we all are Gods. I have known some as friends and talked with them.

Fly said:

That is known as an appeal to ridicule. Mormons don't believe people are gods, you are bearing false witness along with poisoning the well. Using such tactics makes you appear to be stupid.

dgrimentor said

Plus I have 1 and half years of bible college. I have studied false teachings.

Fly said:

Vanity is a sin, study some more.

dgrimentor said.

Know what you are talking about. Know the facts.

Fly said:

You don't operate on facts or logic, otherwise you would list your sources and actual text that backed up your rant.

dgrimentor said:

We are not to add any new books on to the word of god.

Fly said:

So do you practice christmas? It's a pagan holiday brought into Christianity by the catholic church in order to increase membership. KJV. says:

Jerimiah 10 2 4:

0:2 The Lord says, �Do not start following pagan religious practices. Do not be in awe of signs that occur in the sky even though the nations hold them in awe. 3 For the religion of these people is worthless. They cut down a tree in the forest, and a craftsman makes it into an idol with his tools. 4 He decorates it with overlays of silver and gold. He uses hammer and nails to fasten it together so that it will not fall over.

dgrimentor

the book of mormon is a false book of lies.

Fly says:

Have you ever read it? You should think things out before you write them out, what verse tells you unsubstantiated rants are acceptable?

Dgrimentor

There are too many to list.

Fly says:

The first thing you study in college should have been how to write a basic paragraph:

1. first sentence is topical and the root of the paragraph

2. 2,3, and 4 are in support of your first sentence.

3. Last is the concluding sentence which ties the preceding four sentences together.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5