Author Thread
RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 13 Jul, 2020 02:08 PM

I don’t “belong” to the UMC. I belong to God. He’s the one who purchased my salvation with His Son’s blood on Calvary. Who I choose to worship my Redeemer with is a matter of personal choice, not beliefs.

I guess I was right about you, Prophetic. You’re a cult leader in search of a cult. If I had been wrong, you wouldn’t have gone on a mad scramble to find personal information on me to use against me. You wouldn’t be continuing to scramble to attack everything you can find that you think will hurt me if I hadn’t struck a nerve with you.

Like any cult leader, you assume that because I don’t “belong” or “submit” to YOU that therefore I must belong or submit to some other silly worldly institution like the United Methodist Church or academia and then you proceed to try to smash down what you think I belong to in the hopes that I’ll turn to you instead.

You know nothing of me, my background, or my beliefs. For all your Biblical memorization you have no wisdom, no power, and no authority over anyone. For all your memorization, you have nothing to hurt me with; nothing to reach me with. You can type libelous garbage about me and the people who I choose to worship God with until your fingers tie themselves in knots, but you’re just spitting into the wind. You lost that battle before you even began. All you can do is assume, but that is not knowing.

What religious cult leaders never seem to understand is that the Scriptures are written to protect the innocent from falling for the traps laid down by cult leaders. The Bible is written to bring people together to follow God, not a man, no matter how much of it he’s memorized. That’s why it’s such a clumsy weapon in your hands, and you have to resort to your other ugly methods like bullying, libel, and inane accusations in order to beat people into submission to you. You become more transparent with every quote, every post, every slanderous remark.

The only thing you have from me is pity.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 13 Jul, 2020 07:30 AM

Stop kidding yourself, Prophetic. You're not calling for me to submit to God or sound doctrine. You want me and everyone else on here to submit to YOU. I have to submit to YOUR interpretation, YOUR teaching, YOUR beliefs. It's all personal to you. That's why you've made it personal with every person who crosses swords with you by calling them Satan, 666, and so forth. That's how a cult works.

I don't submit to you, Prophetic. I submit to a Risen Savior.

No doubt I don't know everything I should know, but when we're trying to understand an omnipotent and omniscient God, no one will know everything they ought to know. No one will reach the goal of being worthy enough, righteous enough, wise enough. That's why we need grace, but for you, like all cults, there is no grace except whatever grace YOU decide to deal out. I do not fear you. I do not trust you. I do not submit to you.

However, in spite of all the hate you've spewed at me and so many before me, I do pity you.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 13 Jul, 2020 04:41 AM

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness faithfulness, self-control, libel, harassment, name calling, false accusations-

Wait, what was that? There are only nine parts of the fruit of the Spirit? It stops after self-control, you say? Oh! Thanks! For a moment there I thought I was getting mixed signals.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
WASHINGTON, July 6 (Reuters) - A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a **FORGIVABLE** loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaitedVice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board government data released on Monday. Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month the the Firtst Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board!!
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 05:44 PM

Ah, thank you, Quiznos, I was looking high and low for that passage!

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Illinois Capital taking Action
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 01:38 PM

I do have a theory about why some of these monuments are being targeted.

For the majority of President Trump's first term, he has been able to mention the fact that black and Hispanic unemployment are at all-time lows and that female unemployment is near the lowest it's ever been. These announcements have been met with enthusiastic applause by Republicans, independents and other conservatives. Meanwhile, the black caucus sat on their rumps with scowls on their faces when he announced this at his State of the Union address.

This doesn't work so well for their beliefs that conservatives hate minority groups. If you hate minority groups, you're not happy to hear that they're prospering financially (or any other way for that matter). Leftist need a way to make conservatives the bad guys again.

As long as it was slave owners and slavery defenders were the sole targets of the monument destruction, conservatives at least understood why there was a desire to not memorialize racists. They tend to think it's misguided to erase history, but still understandable. To be honest, I'm surprised Stephen Douglas was ignored for so long. He lived in the North where slavery was illegal, but he still argued with President Lincoln in debates about slavery believing that as western territories were becoming states, he believed that those states should be allowed to choose whether to have slavery.

Now these guys are targeting business owners and individuals who have nothing to do with any racial issues at all and wanting to tear down monuments to abolitionists like Abraham Lincoln and damaging the monument to the first responders who saved lives on 9/11, and of course conservatives are angry. These behaviors are completely inconsistent with even the BLM ideals.

So finally, we get to my theory: I suspect that the goal is to push conservatives' patience and try to evoke the kind of anger and hatred for minority groups that they have been trying to tell everyone that conservative have for them.

If I'm right about this, only love will fix it. If we love God, we must stand against evil. We can stand against this destruction, protect and support our businesses and their owners, preserve our history and our historical figures that uphold Christian principles, but we cannot give in to the hate we are seeing.

Right now there's a lot of talk about the End Times, Last Days, and Great Tribulation. I'm not bringing it up here to debate whether we are on the verge of those days. However, that kind of talk brings about a feeling of panic, and in a world that is already going crazy, that means that we won't stand out. When chaos is the norm, serenity is what stands out. We know that God is still on the Throne and He's still in control. Whether my theory is right or wrong, retaining the knowledge of His Sovereignty in our hearts and letting it fill us with the Spirit's peace will serve us well in the days ahead. Wisdom does not come from panic.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 12:36 PM

There's no need for all this arguing amongst ourselves. Sadly, it's looking like reporting Prophetic doesn't do much good either. But look on the bright side: we have a live-in model on this forum of how not to behave.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
WASHINGTON, July 6 (Reuters) - A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a **FORGIVABLE** loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaitedVice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board government data released on Monday. Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month the the Firtst Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board!!
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 12:28 PM

I agree with you Quiznos, there’s not much sense in rebuking and correcting him. However, apparently copying his posts and sending an abuse report to the admin has not been very helpful either as he’s still here, clearly, still in love with Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Ordinarily, I prefer ignoring bullies, but sometimes it can be more fun to mess with them. For instance, your Fruit of the Spirit reference is very useful.

Let’s see, how did that Galatians verse go again? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, harassment-

No, no, that’s not it. Lemme try again: Love, joy, peace, libel, harassment, bullying-

No, no, no, that’s not how it went either. How does that go? Love, joy, false accusations-

No, I must be missing a few… Hey, can someone get me the original copy of Galatians, please? I seem to be missing a few Fruit of the Spirit! Is there a hole in the parchment or something? I just don’t remember seeing libel, harassment, false accusations, bullying, or cruelty in the list of the Fruit of the Spirit.

Seriously, though, Prophetic, what in the world happened to you, man? What made you this vindictive and cruel? What made it so that people are either perfectly in line with you or they’re Satan? No one’s just mistaken, or still learning, or still trying to figure out the scriptures. They’re just Satan, servants of Satan, 666, or evil. What do you think of yourself? Do you honestly think you’re a paragon of perfection or is this just a twisted little game you like playing?

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
waiting for you
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 05:48 AM

Welcome to the site! God bless, and I hope you find God's match for you!

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Jambo!
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 05:45 AM

Jambo! Welcome to the site! God bless from the United States. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Howdy
Posted : 12 Jul, 2020 05:40 AM

Howdy! Welcome to the site! Like any other free dating site, both the dating and the fellowship are a mixed bag of both good and bad. God willing, you'll find what you're looking for. God bless and enjoy!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10