Author Thread
One_Sojourner

View Profile
Some basic truths of Christian faith, as found in the Bible�
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 06:53 PM

Someone had a great quiet time with the Lord! Love it! Thanks for sharing Miss Jude:glow:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
When brothers dwell in unity...
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 06:06 PM

I wish I had the gift of putting thought, to pen, to paper as certain women of faith do Teach:winksmile: :bow:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
An Open Challenge To This Forums Contributors
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 05:08 PM

Ya know what, maybe I will "chime in" just one more time and will disregard all the other "you people" and "people like you" commentary huh? Let's stick to some discussion and learning so we can all be edified...

Luke 25,26 is also lumped in with another 10 verses where Jesus knows the intent of this lawyer's question is insincere so our Lord brings this man through a process of questions and answers and an important parable to get to the meat of what God requires...

Yer the teacher my brother... teach

And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, �Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?� He said to him, �What is written in the Law? How do you read it?� And he answered, �You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.� And he said to him, �You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.�

But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, �And who is my neighbor?� Jesus replied, �A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, �Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.� Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?� He said, �The one who showed him mercy.� And Jesus said to him, �You go, and do likewise.�

(Luke 10:25-37 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 03:07 PM

Neither did I think it would brother... the one thing you left out before the period was

"the truth and the facts don't matter (to me)." :buddies:

I'll give ya one credit, and this is me, huckleberry speaking... Using an individual verse's meaning out of context to insult another man is quite clever... Luke 10:25,26 it's not necessarily nice or something one would expect from an honorable teacher/preacher of God's word.

I'm going to assume since this your school yard challenge and you'll have the last word regardless so twist it, slice it, or dice it any way that suits you bro, this will be my last here... yer the winner!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Am I the only one?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 10:47 AM

Thank you you ladies for the kind and encouraging words, they help much... The first few nights were tough, the poor old dog didn't know what was going on and looking to me sad eyed, as if asking where'd the kids go? Then the more I think on it my heart starts sinking too! lol It's getting better and they do come over often so we'll just keep rollin with the flow.

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 9 Sep, 2013 10:27 AM

Thank you ladies, both of you for your kind words and all you contribute here in the forums. It seems to me in a community like these forums there are believers from all walks and of course there will be disagreements of doctrine (admittedly I do not know much of) and interpretation but the most important of all and what should be our core of unity is (basically) the death, burial resurrection of Christ, trusting Him alone and living in faith. I realize there is so much more too... so hope to learn and grow together and God guide us to His truth.

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 04:04 PM

K... I'm considered a lowly doughnut eating, milk drinking fella whose opinion doesn't really matter to some :buddies: but I'll be yer Huckleberry and have a say.... IMO no digging thru the archives is necessary as this particular post obviously not in defense of the Gospel or it's teaching, as if God needs our defense eh? It's seems this is more about IWA. Nor is much of any of the input on anyone else's threads today (Sunday) very encouraging edifying or could be taken as anything but sarcasm.

James taught about words...

*If you want to read a great defense for his ministry and dealing with false profits and what suffering is, one place is in 2 Corinthians 10, 11

James 1:19-27

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

(James 1:19-27 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 01:10 PM

Behold, how good and pleasant it is

when brothers dwell in unity!

It is like the precious oil on the head,

running down on the beard,

on the beard of Aaron,

running down on the collar of his robes!

It is like the dew of Hermon,

which falls on the mountains of Zion!

For there the LORD has commanded the blessing,

life forevermore.

(Psalm 133 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Will you leave it on the desk
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 08:54 PM

Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, �Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.� That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

(Romans 11:13-24 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Will you leave it on the desk
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 08:44 PM

I haven't earned it nor do I deserve that wonderful cream filled doughnut on your desk IWA, but if you don't want it I'd gladly take it:winksmile:

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15