Author Thread
One_Sojourner

View Profile
How do you let him down easy.........
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 08:13 PM

Gosh! wouldn't it be nice if we all could communicate our heart to another person and not have to fear loss of their like/ love or friendship or hurting them. Yup, clarity is something we have to work at, choose our words wisely and only hope the other like/loved one will have an understanding of what we are attempting to say. Men are soooo goood at that huh? lol

I failed to say that your questions a, comments and posts are most wonderful here too Sisygirl... it's a good thing to ask, talk

and share, appreciate you!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 06:37 PM

I butted in on a women's question, it's me who should ask your pardon...

I also agree with you SisyGirl.. oh my! the pains we put our selves through because we are afraid of hurting not only a person we care for but ourselves too...

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 06:10 PM

Sorry, hit the post key too soon! wanted to say also this... What a compliment it is that someone you believe is nice and for reals... plus he takes an honest interest in you on a dating site don't ya think?

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 3 Oct, 2013 05:59 PM

Please pardon my intrusion here, I have seen your posts and respect you much for all your good questions and comments.

I f you would take one man's opinion here it is this... Just tell him the truth, keep it simple, no long explanation unless there is a question from him as to why. What you just wrote in this post to the ladies is pretty close to what would be sufficient and I realize somewhat heartbreaking for you because you do care. But saying honesty how you feel is best and he will understand. How many have you passed by on and how many women did he passed by on before meeting you and setting his sights on you do you think, hmmm? Peoples is sure funny creatures! lol

One_Sojourner

View Profile
What constitutes persecution?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 07:56 PM

If I may, I'd like to correct what I said...

Not just only the one.. but what can we ALL do to resolve the tensions and stick to growing in the Lord together...

One_Sojourner

View Profile
What constitutes persecution?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 07:39 PM

According to the number of views on this OP it seems people are paying attention eh Tijmen....? So what is it that the one who feels persecuted wants or that we can all personally do and also as a group of believers here do to resolve this tension between us? I just keep wondering tonight!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
A bible study
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 06:56 PM

I was just thinking about and wondering if could be possible for an online group of people to do an online study together? Not to bash or promote personal beliefs, doctrine... set some rules and just stick to the biblical study material and offer thoughts, knowledge, personal experience related to only the study at hand from the bible . Set a day to come together in a weekly type study that all would be able to access for free, read at their convenience and participate in a manner that would resemble an actual real personal meeting and treating one another in a respectful loving manner? I have seen that Charles Stanley has a free online study but on different topics each week with personal reading and notes in an organized fashion for study groups... Does anyone else know of other similar type studies from the Bible for groups to do together that would be of interest and might work and people would be agreeable to?

just a thought :buddies:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Monday Night Football!
Posted : 1 Oct, 2013 04:48 PM

It's Rays and Indians tomorrow, tonight is Reds n Pirates:zzzz: lol

Meant to say I was pulling for those Dolphins last night and was offended by the shot before commercial break of the Saints fan punching on a defenseless stuffed Dolphin! How rude! :stop::devil::toomuch: hehehe

Yes it will be fun this weekend to see who gots their game on advances to the show.

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Question about Genesis: Rachel stealing idols
Posted : 1 Oct, 2013 04:12 PM

hopefully someone more knowledgeable will add a biblical comment to what was not silly at all, but a very interesting and good question MsMarvel :peace:

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Question about Genesis: Rachel stealing idols
Posted : 1 Oct, 2013 03:57 PM

My uneducated comment is likely going to sound silly here but your question is interesting and having read the chapter and ESV notes it seems there is only speculation as to why she took the idols... this brought to mind something that happened in my kid's not too far past.

I was divorced and living south of here working and surviving at that time about 4-5 years ago, my 3 kids were living with their mom then. Their mom had began drinking a lot and my kids would see her fill a cup with ice then walk out to the garage or the bedroom or out back and knew something was fishy. Soon mom's personality changed, and calls to me were made late night about an argument or fight they'd had with her because the kids knew she was hiding liquor. So when mom was passed out they'd hunt for it and dump it or dump the vodka and fill it with water. Of course this was only a temporary fix and mom would realize they knew and find new hiding places. My kids took it upon themselves to do something about changing their mom's behavior which was causing so much grief in their lives

Sooo, the point I was going to make is that could Rachel's stealing these idols have been partly out of protecting and caring for Laban knowing God had greatly blessed Jacob and was truly God that these idols were nothing? A child protecting a parent from their misguided actions...

see? told ya it might sound silly...:dunce:

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11