Author Thread
One_Sojourner

View Profile
Very interesting!!
Posted : 17 Sep, 2013 09:10 PM

Wasn't it just yesterday one certain fella was crying for "give honor when honor is due"? I assume meaning himself being due honor... Where is the honor here in posting something like this when it had nothing to do with you? Give it a rest and use the good knowledge God gave you wisely huh?

[A Good Servant of Christ Jesus]

[6] If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.

[7] Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;

[8] for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

[9] The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance. [10] For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

(1 Timothy 4:6-10 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Huckleberry -- This one is for you!
Posted : 16 Sep, 2013 05:53 PM

Jesus also said...

[3] Jesus answered him, �Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.�[

[4] Nicodemus said to him, �How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?� [

5] Jesus answered, �Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

[7] Do not marvel that I said to you, �You must be born again.� [8] The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.�

[9] Nicodemus said to him, �How can these things be?� [10] Jesus answered him, �Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?

[11] Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony.

[12] If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

[13] No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

[15] that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

(John 3:3-15 ESV)

Emphasis is on vs. 15 in response to IWA

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Judas Iscariot - chosen?
Posted : 16 Sep, 2013 04:42 PM

How's about we give Honor and glory to the one who is Worthy of it HUH?

[The Lord's Prayer]

[5]��And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. [6]�But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

[7]��And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. [8]�Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. [9]�Pray then like this:

�Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

[10]�Your kingdom come,

your will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

[11]�Give us this day our daily bread,

[12]�and forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

[13]�And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

[14]�For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, [15]�but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

(Matthew 6:5-15 ESV)

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 15 Sep, 2013 08:05 AM

That puts it in better perspective for me Mark, I do see now that Grace is already available... one must receive it by faith. Thank you!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 14 Sep, 2013 07:52 PM

One Sojourner is patiently awaiting a response to what the OP had partially attempted to answer concerning a question from a post 5 days ago which the Op here chose to resurrect and answer in this new post... I gave my thoughts concerning this...

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Awesomeness of God
Posted : 14 Sep, 2013 06:00 PM

mmm, good meat teach! i agree with all comments ... God is awesome!!!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Posted : 14 Sep, 2013 02:15 PM

I appreciate the considerate response IWA, thanks... but the scripture I had posted was from Matt 15:21-28 concerning the faith of the Canaanite woman and this was what I'd hoped to discuss.

This woman was a non jewish pagan, yet she yet here she at the feet of Jesus crying out "have mercy on me" "help me Lord!" in distress because her daughter is possessed by a demon. No doubt having heard of the many great miracles and healing through Jesus in those days and believing he would heal her child.

(Matthew 15:21-28 ESV

21]�And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon.

[22]�And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, �Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.�

[23]�But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, �Send her away, for she is crying out after us.�

[24]�He answered, �I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.�

[25]�But she came and knelt before him, saying, �Lord, help me.� [26]�And he answered, �It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.�

[27]�She said, �Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.�

[28]�Then Jesus answered her, �O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.� And her daughter was healed instantly.

In thinking about the matter of whether it's (grace then faith) or the (faith then grace) I'm not so sure it's either... The verse from Eph. 2:8 almost seems to suggest that they both come hand in hand, not one before the other... and both are the gift of God and not something we can do of our self. Salvation is secured "by grace through faith"

I'm just pondering here, not disputing anything... it's very interesting to think about, though I am not convinced whether we know the answer to this or not of who is wrong and who is right that it is a deal breaker for salvation... so please don't anyone take offense...

One_Sojourner

View Profile
ON DOCTRINE AND DOCTRINES!!! Addressing the claim of a contentious woman!!!
Posted : 13 Sep, 2013 06:20 PM

I'm only guessing but this post must refer back to 5 days ago? Where other questions have been ignored or deemed of little matter... Where is the defense of doctrine, doctrines or anything of Christ in any of this? I see much words and defense here but only for the sake of one certain person who could have admitted to a typo...... who is it really that is being contentious? Who is it determining whether the accusation is FALSE ACCUSATION , or is it only an accusation in response to a so called open challenge? Is it okay to accuse another person of being contentious and border line slander a person publicly because they respond honestly to a challenge you posted in defense of your own self proclaimed status of teacher/preacher?

3 words friend... God bless you! Now get a grip!!!

"An Open Challenge To This Forums Contributors

Posted : Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 02:02 PM

Please show anywhere where I have preached/taught contrary to the doctrine of Christ/the Word. You may not like what I preach/teach but that it is not the point. You must show that it is contrary to the Word itself.

Highlight my comments and prove that the Word of God teaches otherwise. That's the challenge.

It is NOT enough to FALSELY ACCUSE somebody of doing something, you must show that this has in fact been done. As you all know, I have done this with the content from many other members here."

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Blessings...Oaths...Retaliation
Posted : 12 Sep, 2013 05:56 PM

I'll Holler an amen to that!!!

One_Sojourner

View Profile
Free Will - Let's have a serious discussion
Posted : 12 Sep, 2013 05:44 PM

Hi all, Huckleberry here... I had been looking in on this discussion because I have an opinion based on my own coming to the Lord but still have been uncertain on some particular questions like this one. So here we have a woman who is not of the people of Isreal... she was considered a pagan. Jesus himself had stated that he was sent only to the house of Isreal in vs.24

My question is, was her it her own humble persistence and faith that allowed Jesus to heal this woman's daughter or was grace given first to allow this woman to know who Jesus really was that she may ask this blessing from him?

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, �Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.�

23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, �Send her away, for she is crying out after us.� 24 He answered, �I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.�

25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, �Lord, help me.�

26 And he answered, �It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.�

27 She said, �Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.�

28 Then Jesus answered her, �O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.� And her daughter was healed instantly.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14