Author Thread
Guardian143

View Profile
Digital simulation
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 10:04 PM

Do you realize that you are just a digital simulation of your true self? Even the bible says so.

Guardian143

View Profile
Kirk Cameron
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 10:00 PM

Among all Hollywood actors today, the best I believe is Kirk Cameron. Okay, being a Christian, I'm biased.

But he's the only one who's truly outspoken about His faith. and I love the way he acts. God bless my brother!

Guardian143

View Profile
Mission of discipline
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:55 PM

So true. It is in the fire of trials that we are purified.

I served 7 years in the mission field. It was not a bed of roses by any stretch of imagination but I also experienced awesome miracles, divine encounters and revelations.

When we have come to the end of ourselves, then we discover the richness of Christ. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise!

Guardian143

View Profile
The Name of God
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:47 PM

Messianic Jews do use God's proper name. I do pray to Yahweh, Yeshua and learning Ruach Hakkodesh. It is my way of expressing respect.

Guardian143

View Profile
WHY WOULD JESUS GO BACK TO THE SEA OF GALILEE ???
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:34 PM

Remember when Jesus called the first disciples? It is the same place, it was like Jesus was saying. " Now we have come full circle, I have called you to be fishers of men so I now commission you to go into the highways and byways and bring in the great catch of souls.

Guardian143

View Profile
classics
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:20 PM

You have to read Pilgrim's Progress, Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings. These are Christian allegory that will inspire you.

Guardian143

View Profile
No. 1 fans!
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 09:13 PM

I live in the Bay Area and we have the best fan base in the NBA!

For so long, we haven't been to the play-offs but we hung in there through thick in thin. Finally last season we reached the second round. Could have reached the finals if not for the key injuries. If you've watched it then you'll have an idea why it's called ROARACLE!

One reason for this is that Warriors have no competition here in the Bay Area and every fan of A's, Giants, 49er's and Raiders combine to form one rabid mass. Something like Voltes V.

Now with the addition of Iguadala and the development of Barnes, don't be shocked if Warriors get to the finals. Warriors, baby!

Guardian143

View Profile
Prayer urgently needed. Encouragement appreciated greatly
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 08:55 PM

My fianc� broke up with me in 2010. At the time, it felt like I reached a dead end emotionally. What helped me was surrendering all to God. What I learned was Christ is sufficient and God's grace will pull us through.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses. Jesus suffered from being heart broken many times. The greatest was on the cross when everyone left him even God, He cried, "Why have you forsaken me?".

Sometimes a change of scenery and ministering to others also help. the way god dealt with Elijah's depression.

Whatever you do, don't wallow in self-pity because the enemy will pull-out a party for you. Out of that experience, I came out stronger and wiser because Jesus is my everything. He heals the broken-hearted, you know.

Guardian143

View Profile
Please pray for me
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 08:44 PM

Nothing is impossible with God. If you believe, God will heal you of your learning disability. For by His wounds we are healed. If you can receive the Lord's Supper and declare your healing, the Lord will make you whole. God Bless!

Guardian143

View Profile
Why 'Failed' Marriages in the United States
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 08:28 PM

This is good topic to explore. On the female side, we see the effect of feminism and how women adopted an independent spirit. While of the male side, we are seeing wholesale emasculation where men are afraid to commit and be men. So now we are seeing the number of single parent families skyrocketing. Generations of children are growing up without fathers or mothers. And statistically they are set up for failure in life. There are a whole lot of outside forces working against the stability of the family. and we haven't even talked about demonic forces. That's just the flesh and the world.

Our church has set-up the mentoring ministry for young boys to somehow alleviate this. Thank God for innovative ministries that strengthen the family. A strong family is the basis of a strong nation and a strong church.

Page : 1 2 3 4