Author Thread
King18David

View Profile
THE BIBLICAL ORDER OF MEN AND WOMEN IN THE FAMILY AND THE CHURCH
Posted : 18 Jan, 2013 07:45 PM

1000 Wives X 2 Children each X $250.00 a month = I hope you have a really good job... :)

King18David

View Profile
Are You Some Man's Toilet?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2013 01:29 PM

Pearl1765,

Interesting post. I've heard promiscuous men and women likened to "public toilets" in the past, as in, would you really want to marry a public "pit stop"?

"Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares?" Proverbs 5:16

Perhaps men who use others as Mike described, become toilets themselves. They just don't realize it.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

King18David

View Profile
For me, it never worked without Christ.
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 04:44 PM

MsLovely,

All I have to say is AMEN!

Thank you so much for sharing what you did. Even if you don't see it in responses here, people who read what you've written will relate to what you're saying, and pointing people to Jesus is what matters most.

If you receive responses that aren't encouraging, don't let that discourage you. Instead, with the faith you've been given, keep spreading the good news! :)

King18David

View Profile
Trust in God is paramount.
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 02:59 PM

Rejuvenatedme,

In order to trust in God at all, I believe that we have to have some sort of relationship with Him first, even if it's a relationship through another, say a parent or trusted friend. Otherwise, trust can be a difficult thing.

King18David

View Profile
If you could go back in time, where would you go and why?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 02:45 PM

Though I'm not a girl,

Cain, to let him know, that God still loved him...Enoch, to know first hand the man who defined perfectly what it meant to walk with God...Abraham and Issac, to stand in the presence of a legendary love between a father and a son...Joseph, in prison, to see how God uses dungeons to fashion the greatest of leaders...Moses, to watch a man full of doubt, accomplish things which are impossible...young David, to see God use sheep and the stars in the night sky to fashion the greatest of men...the Apostle Paul, to cry, and find myself at a loss for words, and Jesus...to simply fall upon my knees.

There are many people I long to meet.

King18David

View Profile
If you could go back in time, where would you go and why?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 02:41 PM

Cain, to let him know, that God still loved him...Enoch, to know first hand the man who defined perfectly what it meant to walk with God...Abraham and Issac, to stand in the presence of a legendary love between a father and a son...Joseph, in prison, to see how God uses dungeons to fashion the greatest of leaders...Moses, to watch a man full of doubt, accomplish things which are impossible...young David, to see God use sheep and the stars in the night sky to fashion the greatest of men...the Apostle Paul, to cry, and find myself at a loss for words, and Jesus...to simply fall upon my knees.

There are many people I long to meet.

King18David

View Profile
Single Parent Burnout
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 01:53 PM

To add to what I wrote above, here's Proverbs 29:18

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

King18David

View Profile
Do you really want to marry Jesus?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 01:31 PM

I just reread the original post, and so far, the first paragraph seems fine.

On to the next paragraph.

O.P. wrote, "The question is simple. If you are here looking for a husband, are you really looking for Jesus to marry?"

My thoughts,

If the O.P. means, are we looking for Christ in another, are we "seeking" God first in the area of marriage, then I would agree that that's a great question. Basically, are people here looking for the attributes and presence of Christ within those they're interested in.

O.P. wrote, "Will you serve your husband as if he were Christ in your home?"

My thoughts,

I can understand how this question might be interpreted as self centered (I'm not saying that I understood it as such), because it takes the emphasis off one's self, and questions the intentions of others.

O.P. also wrote, "I seek to find Jesus in my bride. The whole, if Jesus were a woman, what she would be like. What an awesome wife she would be."

My thoughts,

Obviously, I cannot judge the O.P.'s heart in this statement, but I believe that what's being said here can be a tricky thing for any of us to actually do. First of all, in order to recognize the presence of Christ in anyone, a person must first know the presence of Christ within themselves. Secondly, people's callings, gifts and personalities are so immensely broad, that the presence of Christ could show up in any number of ways within someone, and in such ways that we might not even recognize Him. Thirdly, this statement could come across to some as if the O.P. has a preconceived notion as to what such a woman might be like, which in the end, "can" cause certain people to miss Jesus in others completely. It's a matter of interpretation.

King18David

View Profile
Knowing deep in your "knower"
Posted : 6 Jan, 2013 08:47 AM

You're very welcome searching.

King18David

View Profile
Do you really want to marry Jesus?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2013 03:56 AM

Though you haven't received any responses so far, this is a great post..

Page : 1 2 3 4 5