Author Thread
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Revelation 8, 9 & 10
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 07:21 AM

This is an interesting commentary. I would not endorse the whole thing without further study, but it does line up with what I understand so far. Interesting read at least.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-Seal-Lamb-churches-Revelation-6-commentary

:peace::peace:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Di Yeshua /Jesus come to take away the sin of the world?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2014 06:23 AM

George, I know fully well that sin is not "gone" from the world right now, but it will be. Also, when I accept Christ my past sins are cast away into the "depths of the sea", and the sin in my own life, God willing, is also being removed in the process of sanctification and purification. That's what the refiner's fire is all about. So, while I agree with you in principle that we must be careful what interpretation or bible version we use, I simply do not think this is a legitimate case of that.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Di Yeshua /Jesus come to take away the sin of the world?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2014 06:07 AM

I think you're making mountains out of molehills. Jesus lifts the sins of the world, Jesus takes away the sins of the world. If it's read literally, maybe there is a minor difference in interpretation, but it's so negligible that it doesn't change the meaning of anything. If it's read spiritually, which is how the scriptures should always be read, it changes nothing. It is even doctrinally sound, Jesus did die to take away the sin from this world, particularly when He comes in the New Jerusalem. There will be no more sin after the judgement. So you could say that John's words were simply prophetic, he was a prophet after all.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Question: Is a believer in Yeshua a 'sinner' saved by grace?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2014 08:58 AM

It may not be literally word for word in the scriptures, but it's an acceptably logical paraphrase. We are all sinners. None of us can be saved without grace. Therefore, we are all sinners, saved by grace. The bible doesn't actually use the common phrase "we are all sinners" either. It says "all men have sinned". There is no difference between those two statements, it's just a simple wording issue, not a truth issue.

Luk 7:37

"And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,"

Luk 7:48

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven."

Eph. 1:7

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;"

Eph. 2:8

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Act 15:11

"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

Matthew 1:21

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
What does it mean to fall away? Heb. 6:6
Posted : 15 Jul, 2014 06:45 AM

I think the bible makes it clear that a person who really falls away cannot be renewed by repentance. A person like that would be in entering into the state of Satan himself. Lucifer was perfect, he knew God, dwelt in His presence, and yet directly rebelled against Him and deceived others. It is impossible Satan to be renewed, just like it would be for someone who is truly converted to be renewed. Someone in that state knows full well that what they choose to do will put Christ to open shame, and they do it anyway. It's be like a adulterous spouse who was forgiven, and after receiving that forgiveness with joy, later chooses to reject their partner yet again for another.

Paul was clearly concerned by this, not only for himself, but for those he shared the gospel with.

1 Corinthians 9

24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This is all really solely God's realm, as we cannot see who is "really" saved or not, so it's basically a personal admonition to remain faithful and endure until the end. I think that believing that one can never fall is a dangerous mentality, perhaps not for some, but for the general body of believers, it can and does lead to lukewarm believers. God knows who will be saved, but we do not.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Question:
Posted : 14 Jul, 2014 07:25 AM

I'm honestly a bit tired of hearing about homosexuality so much. Jesus and the bible barely talk about this specific sin. A worse accusation to level against a leader in the church is that they are an alcoholic, adulterer, murderer, or child molester, etc. The bible is very clear about what happens if someone abuses children, but homosexuality is hardly referenced except in conjunction with "lust" as the driving force, and even then only a few times. I know a few gay men, and it's definitely the "lust" that pushes it solidly into the "sin" realm and not simply that they're attracted to the same gender. Sodom and Gomorra weren't destroyed because there were a bunch of happily monogamous gay couples living there. That city was destroyed because the whole town was so evil that their first reaction to guests in their city was to rape them. The gay culture in our country is pretty terrible, but if there is a gay man in my church leading people to their seats and recognizing that he is sinful and in need of a savior, I'm not going to consider that church to be evil. Jesus ate with harlots, and he was our example. Also, I know that I have equal or greater sins in my own life, and I dare not cast the first stone if I hope to find mercy. That being said, in the same way that an openly drunk person should not hold authority positions in the church, I do not think an openly "active" homosexual person should be in an authority position, and no church should ever proclaim that homosexuality is "ok", or "good". Sin must be called by it's right name and homosexuality is definitely sin, just like adultery, sexual immorality, deception, unjust anger, impatience, gluttony, gossip, lust, covetousness, greed, envy, racism, and the list goes on.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Does suicide gurantee hell?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2014 06:32 AM

Luke 13

1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

10And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. 15The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his donkey from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? 17And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.

I think Jesus made it pretty clear that we should not assume a calamity is from God or caused by someone's sin. Also, He made a note that this woman who was suffering from an infirmity was bound by Satan, not God.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Posted : 10 Jul, 2014 06:47 AM

It's a bit unrelated, but I know quite a few faithful believers that are suffering from Alzheimer and dementia. They simply have forgotten who they are and are acting pretty terribly, definitely not like the christian they were. I think God has quite a lot of mercy for people suffering from mental illness or delusion.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
I would just like to convey:
Posted : 9 Jul, 2014 06:41 AM

That's an excellent attitude to have! Don't ever give up searching and standing up for the truth though! Even when there is disagreement, it's possible to remain loving and try to persuade people to the truth.

2 Timothy

24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

We must at least have the right attitude and it's glad to see someone with it. This site has a pretty lame history of people who definitely do not have your attitude. A true believer in Christ can lack knowledge, but if they lack Christian character, then there is a problem.

Corinthians 13

2And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

4Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil; 6rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth; 7beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; 10but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things. 12For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known. 13But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Posted : 9 Jul, 2014 06:32 AM

I'd say that suicide is sin unless the person is mentally ill. In cases of mental illness or extenuating circumstances, God will be fair. For the other cases, a person is knowingly rejecting God's commands to respect life and to stick around as long as possible to share the gospel. Paul understood this and mentioned that he would very much like to die and go be with God, but because he truly loved other people, he wanted to stay for their sake. I don't think suicide is automatically an unpardonable sin, but it's definitely not to be taken lightly.

Phil. 1

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15